If Nintendo went software only, where would you see the industry going?

#1iKhanicPosted 4/27/2013 12:07:13 AM
I'd be very concerned. I'd see the industry narrowing even further into military shooters, and putting more and more focus into power, eventually causing the industry to fall into obscurity.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2TalentedMPosted 4/27/2013 12:09:52 AM(edited)
Well judging from what they stated before. There would be no more Nintendo all together. If they are done, they are done, along with their titles.

Everyone would just continue on with doing what they are doing, I am sure an innovation could come from somewhere... Some person...

The last chance for gaming would be left to the indie developers IMO.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#3halfelven23Posted 4/27/2013 12:09:59 AM
and letting the likes of Sony and MS to dominate the market??? i hope not..............
Sony is full of idiot...........and microsoft......i dunno, never interested in their console
---
PSN ID: Gogunners23
#4squatch22Posted 4/27/2013 12:22:27 AM
It would be all about POWEEERRR and unreliable consoles.
---
Nintendo: Leading the way for others to follow.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#5sunK1DPosted 4/27/2013 12:23:58 AM
halfelven23 posted...
and letting the likes of Sony and MS to dominate the market??? i hope not..............
Sony is full of idiot...........and microsoft......i dunno, never interested in their console

Ever since the Wii U came out, they have already been dominating the market...
#6pearl arowanaPosted 4/27/2013 12:26:18 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7SyphoV2Posted 4/27/2013 12:28:14 AM
Squatch and Baha would cease to exist. What other company will they ride?
---
Something to Fear.
#8RisingWaterPosted 4/27/2013 12:33:39 AM
It would change nothing.
#9Stefan1277Posted 4/27/2013 12:38:12 AM
Well Microsoft and Sony wouldn't have someone to copy hardware wise, so, Sony would be on it's own and Microsoft at the mercy of what they can copy from them.

Game wise same thing. Same new post new gen games. All graphics no content, all dark, mud and gritty with DLC for everything including the ending. Soon games will last less than 4 hours and have the basic content only, while everything else you'll need to pay to unlock.

Given that, sales of gaming overall would go down since Nintendo's first party games do take a chunk of the sales, so those two alone would eat each other alive trying to survive with their new way of appealing to brogamers and brand slaves.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#10SyphoV2Posted 4/27/2013 12:43:22 AM
Stefan1277 posted...
Well Microsoft and Sony wouldn't have someone to copy hardware wise, so, Sony would be on it's own and Microsoft at the mercy of what they can copy from them.

Game wise same thing. Same new post new gen games. All graphics no content, all dark, mud and gritty with DLC for everything including the ending. Soon games will last less than 4 hours and have the basic content only, while everything else you'll need to pay to unlock.

Given that, sales of gaming overall would go down since Nintendo's first party games do take a chunk of the sales, so those two alone would eat each other alive trying to survive with their new way of appealing to brogamers and brand slaves.

LOL at your view of Nintendo.
---
Something to Fear.