Even if mario kart wii u sells a third of what the wii version sold

#1msunshinePosted 4/27/2013 12:13:12 AM
it will still sell more than any sony 1st party title. Mario kart is important to the wii U.
---
Current playthrough: 95stars. Demondog pulls numbers and facts out of his ***.
The wii U board is improving! bye MS
#2sunK1DPosted 4/27/2013 12:19:36 AM
Except GT right?..
#3IokuaPosted 4/27/2013 12:20:01 AM
Gran Turismo?
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#4supremeblasterPosted 4/27/2013 12:40:10 AM
sunK1D posted...
Except GT right?..

No, last Mario Kart sold 34 million copies, a third of that would be slightly over 11 million.
GT5 sold slightly over 9 million.
#550inchDLPPosted 4/27/2013 12:48:43 AM
No crap man! Remember when mario kart 64 came out?? After mario 64 the N64 had a long drought till feb 97 when mk64 released. all of a sudden everybody had n64s and played 4 screen multiplayer with friends. i was so lucky my bday was so close to mk64 release i got it quickly, i was so sick of mario 64 and wave race by then!
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thereal50inchDLP -contains my Dreamcast project of putting HD vids of each US game up.http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/louerina
#6IzraeilPosted 4/27/2013 12:54:27 AM
lmao, you really think it will sell that much? Mario Kart Wii, hit those numbers because it was given for free with consoles, the Mario kart games usually don't hit even 10 million copies.
#7msunshine(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 1:12:28 AM
Izraeil posted...
lmao, you really think it will sell that much? Mario Kart Wii, hit those numbers because it was given for free with consoles, the Mario kart games usually don't hit even 10 million copies.

It was not a pack in at the beginning. And I hear this excuse for why wii sports sold as much as it did too. So how are you ponies going to spin this? The wii came with wii sports, AND mario kart, and super mario bros wii, all for free? Lol. Gt was a pack in too, you know.
---
#8IzraeilPosted 4/27/2013 1:38:27 AM
msunshine posted...
Izraeil posted...

It was not a pack in at the beginning. And I hear this excuse for why wii sports sold as much as it did too. So how are you ponies going to spin this? The wii came with wii sports, AND mario kart, and super mario bros wii, all for free? Lol. Gt was a pack in too, you know.

yah GT was a pack in for a limited addition PS3 which cost more than the normal PS3. Wii titles were not limited and they were bundled in for no extra charge. Big Difference.
#9msunshine(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 1:47:20 AM
Izraeil posted...
msunshine posted...
Izraeil posted...

yah GT was a pack in for a limited addition PS3 which cost more than the normal PS3. Wii titles were not limited and they were bundled in for no extra charge. Big Difference.

A wii with a game is always more expensive than one without a game. Big fail on your part. And you have not adressed the fact that both wii sports, new super mario bros, wii sports resort, wii play, ssb, smg all sold more than gt 5. All pack ins, right? Lol.
---
#10LinkMaster2703Posted 4/27/2013 1:49:30 AM
Playstation exclusives just don't sell for whatever reason. It kinda sucks because Sony has a lot of franchises that I really love.