How can people hate on the WiiU?

#1kingbadjoPosted 4/27/2013 3:50:45 PM
Other than whether or not you like the games. The pure potential in the tablet is HUGE. Making it MUCH more than just a simple gimmick. One thing that really impresses me in nintendo land is the the camera on the gamepad. You literally have to turn around completely to turn around in game (when you are in the main hub, and places like the metroid shoot out which is my favorite). This is truly amazing when you are flying and shooting at people and you literally have to move yourself in order to move in game. Same with aiming on with arrows. The ninja throwing star thing is also cool but not as cool as the aiming and camera mechanics. How are these features gimmicks!? They are way too deep and have way too much potential to be considered gimmicks. The F zero racing is also an excellent example of how the gamepad can be used.

I agree though that there aren't any games making full use of this but when they do... I think it will be insane. Also I love the fact that it supports local play with other people. I never realy got into online play and a huge problem I had with my PS3 is that there weren't many games to play with local friends (actually almost none... )
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#2SocranPosted 4/27/2013 4:02:00 PM
The way you say "have to" makes it sound like this is a sarcasm topic. You should probably mention that it's entirely optional to control the game like that, in all of the examples you gave, and that you can use the control sticks to move around as well.

But yeah, people severely underestimate the potential of the gamepad for "traditional" gaming experiences, as opposed to the incredibly situational nature of motion controls. (Although they also never acknowledged the FPS potential of the Wii.)
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#3sunK1DPosted 4/27/2013 4:21:58 PM
Socran posted...
The way you say "have to" makes it sound like this is a sarcasm topic. You should probably mention that it's entirely optional to control the game like that, in all of the examples you gave, and that you can use the control sticks to move around as well.

But yeah, people severely underestimate the potential of the gamepad for "traditional" gaming experiences, as opposed to the incredibly situational nature of motion controls. (Although they also never acknowledged the FPS potential of the Wii.)

The tablet controller can be compared to a manual transmission car. It's hella fun to drive on the weekends or just for leisure. Commute to work everyday and you will want a automatic transmission for the practicality it offers.

Gaming as an adult is more or less the same. The little time I have to play during the week means I want to just get in and get out as easily as possible while getting as much of the experience as I can. The Pro-controller should had been given the same support as the tablet controller, but since it wasn't, Nintendo deserves to have the tablet controller labeled as "gimmicky."
#4The_BoredomsPosted 4/27/2013 4:30:50 PM
I have tons of potential, but that doesn't make me a good, cool, or productive person.