The gamepad would be perfect for point and click adventure games...

#1druskiePosted 4/27/2013 6:13:17 PM
That being said, what classic P&CAG would you like to see?
My list:
I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream
Day Of The Tenticle
Sam And Max
Monkey Island
King's Quest/Space Quest
The Longest Journey/Dreamfall
Myst Trilogy
Strongbad's Cool Game For Attractive People
Missing On Lost Island
Torin's Passage
---
Remember me (It's the name of a PS3 Game) Preordered ;)
#2NarutoPosted 4/27/2013 6:30:28 PM(edited)
druskie posted...

No, I don't think it is. I've been playing adventure games on iPad and I don't think touch controls are perfect. It's not bad, but I think mouse controls is still more efficient for puzzles.

Anyways, Grim Fandango and Syberia.
#3artian2k1Posted 4/27/2013 6:32:27 PM
The pad in general is useless because it takes away focus from the tv screen.
---
Eintracht Frankfurt
#4rudgerlightPosted 4/27/2013 6:36:55 PM
Naruto posted...
druskie posted...

No, I don't think it is. I've been playing adventure games on iPad and I don't think touch controls are perfect. It's not bad, but I think mouse controls is still more efficient for puzzles.

Anyways, Grim Fandango and Syberia.

I think you should try touch based games on the DS or 3DS. There are already some point and click adventures on those systems, not sure why it shouldn't work on the Wii U. It's also unfair to judge the Wii U's touchscreen based on the iPad. They work very differently.
#5AhnoldDoodPosted 4/27/2013 6:44:19 PM
artian2k1 posted...

If you have the reflexes of a sloth.
#6NarutoPosted 4/27/2013 7:49:12 PM
rudgerlight posted...
I think you should try touch based games on the DS or 3DS. There are already some point and click adventures on those systems, not sure why it shouldn't work on the Wii U. It's also unfair to judge the Wii U's touchscreen based on the iPad. They work very differently.

Adventure games are poorly implemented on DS's tiny screens. I guess it is unfair to compare iPad's far superior screen to the uPad's, but if they're already not amazing on iPad, I can't imagine how Wii U would make a better case for adventure games.
#7Adrian2040Posted 4/27/2013 8:14:45 PM
artian2k1 posted...

Just have the image on the GamePad be the same as the one on the TV Screen. That's a solution without compromises.
---
Xbox Live and PSN Account: Adrian2040N
Pokemon Black - FC: 4512 9863 4715
#8_Sovereign_Posted 4/27/2013 9:12:05 PM
I can't imagine why anyone would want an iPad but on to the topic.....

I would love to see the NES version of Maniac Mansion of the VC.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#9NejiHyuga900Posted 4/27/2013 9:57:42 PM
I would love to see Telltale Games' The Walking Dead to be ported over to Wii U. There may be a chance since there will be a Season 2 of that game in the future, I think.
---
Xbox/Windows LIVE Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji | Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!
#10plasmatic5Posted 4/27/2013 10:08:07 PM
I thought the Wii was pretty good for Point and Clicks...Zack and Wiki was amazing at least.
---
My Superheroes consist of the band members of the Who, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles