One day Super Mario will go multi-platform.

#1darealest47Posted 4/27/2013 10:42:33 PM
It happened to Metal Gear, Mass Effect, Grand Theft Auto, Sonic the Hedgehog and Crash Bandicoot. If this were to happen it would probably go down as the biggest multi-platform release in history.

Now obviously the chances of this happening is extremely unlikely and would only happen if Nintendo was legitimately doing badly or they just wanted to do it because if you were a gamer as long as I was then by now you were know that Nintendo don't follow rules and do whatever the heck they want to do.

But if this were to happen what would your reaction be. Would you still buy it on a Nintendo console or try it on a playstation or an xbox or even the upcoming steambox?

(Disclaimer: this is a what-if topic and shouldn't be taken too seriously)
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#2jairusmonillasPosted 4/27/2013 10:44:33 PM
It doesn't really matter, Mario has gotten stale and its not the same like when it was in the 90s. Casuals only had few options back then, today? nobody even cares about mario anymore, if can go nintendo only platform or multiplatform, it's not ground breaking whatever happen to it.
#3LvthnPosted 4/27/2013 10:47:29 PM
Mario went multplat in 1986.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_Bros.#Super_Mario_Bros._Special
#4msunshinePosted 4/27/2013 10:47:31 PM
jairusmonillas posted...
It doesn't really matter, Mario has gotten stale and its not the same like when it was in the 90s. Casuals only had few options back then, today? nobody even cares about mario anymore, if can go nintendo only platform or multiplatform, it's not ground breaking whatever happen to it.

That's why mario kart, nsmbw, mario galaxy, all sold more than the best selling ps 3 game by sony, gt5.
---
Current playthrough: 95stars. Demondog pulls numbers and facts out of his ***.
The wii U board is improving! bye MS
#5STN79Posted 4/27/2013 10:51:38 PM
Take off those Nostalgia glasses man. I'm 34 and i still enjoy the recent Mario games.
Guess you never played Galaxy then huh? As far as Mario going multiplatform it ain't gonna happen unless Nintendo no longer exists as a gaming company. I suppose after 100 years when Mario becomes public domain then yeah you might see him somewhere else.
#6ButKevinBaconPosted 4/27/2013 10:59:50 PM
then ill have to deal with seeing that generic overrated mainstream noncharacter on every system? ugh
#7SPDShadowRangerPosted 4/27/2013 11:00:47 PM
Nobody cares apparently means millions.
#8DH2007Posted 4/27/2013 11:24:23 PM
ButKevinBacon posted...
then ill have to deal with seeing that generic overrated mainstream noncharacter on every system? ugh

And many of the newer characters created aren't? Kratos, Max Payne, all protagonists in the CoD series, Snake. All of those characters are extremely popular, and all of them act the same, dark and broody.
---
PSN: Progamer_3
3DS FC: 4468-1000-5936 Nintendo ID: DH2007
#9rudgerlightPosted 4/27/2013 11:30:20 PM
If Nintendo was doing so poorly that they couldn't sustain their hardware business anymore, that would mean that Mario was no longer selling well. There's a gaping flaw in this scenario....

Also, Metal Gear and Grand Theft Auto have always been multiplatform, so I have no idea why you mentioned those two.
#10DifferentialEquationPosted 4/27/2013 11:31:33 PM
DH2007 posted...
ButKevinBacon posted...

Kratos, Max Payne, all protagonists in the CoD series, Snake. All of those characters are extremely popular, and all of them act the same, dark and broody.

How do the characters in CoD act dark and broody?
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.