So am I understanding the VC correctly?

#1Sephiroth311Posted 4/28/2013 12:23:15 AM
1)When you transfer them to your Wii U from your Wii you can still play them as normal but you lose your save data, right?

2)If you want to be able to play them on the gamepad you need to wait for them to be released on the VC and then re-download them at a reduced price, right?

If that's the case just a couple more questions:

3)Will N64 games be playable on the game pad or just NES and SNES games?

4)Can VC games be played using the Pro controller? Do you need to redownload them to do this?

5)Are GC and GBA titles really on the horizon or is that just a rumour?

Thanks
---
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
#2SocranPosted 4/28/2013 12:28:33 AM
Sephiroth311 posted...
1)When you transfer them to your Wii U from your Wii you can still play them as normal but you lose your save data, right?

No. You keep your save data at this point...

2)If you want to be able to play them on the gamepad you need to wait for them to be released on the VC and then re-download them at a reduced price, right?

...and this is the point where you lose your save data. Because you're not just upgrading the game, you're buying a "copy" with more features.

3)Will N64 games be playable on the game pad or just NES and SNES games?

If/when N64 games come out, I'm sure they'll be playable on the gamepad.

4)Can VC games be played using the Pro controller? Do you need to redownload them to do this?

The upgraded versions, yes. The original versions are played in the emulated "Wii Mode", which can not use any Wii U peripherals.

5)Are GC and GBA titles really on the horizon or is that just a rumour?

GBA titles are, I'm pretty sure. Gamecube titles are just a rumor/hope at this point.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#3Sephiroth311(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 12:36:02 AM
Ok cheers.

So as I have a pretty large VC collection is it probably going to be best for me to wait until the end of the year when more titles are available? I was going to sell my Wii after the transfer but they are pretty much worthless now anyway
---
#4SocranPosted 4/28/2013 12:59:51 AM
Sephiroth311 posted...
So as I have a pretty large VC collection is it probably going to be best for me to wait until the end of the year when more titles are available? I was going to sell my Wii after the transfer but they are pretty much worthless now anyway

Hmm? I don't understand what you're asking. Wait for what? You'll still be able to-- Oh damn, I said "No" after you asked if you would be able to play the games in Wii Mode, didn't I? Sorry, I only meant "no" to the losing saves part.

Or, no, because you should've been able to tell from... Bah, it's 5:00 AM, I'm not at my peak.

Anyway, the only reason to wait is if you really prefer playing with the Gamecube controller and don't want to buy an adaptor. Right now, you can play all your Wii VC titles on the Wii U, even if the Wii U version isn't out.

EDIT: Ohhhhh, you meant wait so that you don't lose your save files when you upgrade... Well, I suppose that all depends on the game. Something that you can play through quickly, like Super Mario World, shouldn't suffer much from a lost save. But maybe a particularly long game, or one that carries your progress through multiple playthroughs like Chrono Trigger, yeah.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#5Sephiroth311(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 2:56:01 AM
Sorry I wasn't clear on that. Basically the only reason I want a Wii U is to play my VC games on the gamepad but if only a handful of games are available right now there's not really much point getting one right now.

I might as well wait until more titles are released on the Wii U VC
---