If Nintendo goes third-party, which platform should they make games for?

#1thundercat2600Posted 4/28/2013 6:05:55 AM
Nintendo pulls out of the home console market and goes software-only. Which platform would you most want them to support? - Results (86 votes)
iOS/Android
4.65% (4 votes)
Xbox 720
6.98% (6 votes)
Playstation 4
45.35% (39 votes)
Playstation Vita
6.98% (6 votes)
Steam
11.63% (10 votes)
Their own distribution system (like Steam/Origin/GFWL etc)
24.42% (21 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Hypothetical situation:

Nintendo comes to the conclusion that it no longer makes sense to be in the console business. Wii U keeps selling at sub-Gamecube levels. All their money comes from games anyway.

Which system would you most want to see Nintendo publish their games on?
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#2KAMMYqueenPosted 4/28/2013 6:14:55 AM
ps4 the only one i plan on buying
---
KAMMY KOOPA is the final hope for Nintendo!
#3itsmeaustinPosted 4/28/2013 6:23:10 AM
PC
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk
#4uwnimPosted 4/28/2013 6:26:57 AM
They could always focus solely on their portable system instead.
---
I want a pet Lavos Spawn.
[Order of the Cetaceans: Phocoena dioptrica]
#5tooweakPosted 4/28/2013 6:30:33 AM
PS4+PS Vita
Don't want to have to buy a PS4 AND a 720 next gen. Rather just have the PS4. Probably end up going Vita over PS4 if only one system due to the next point I'll be making.

Microsoft = no handheld = what happens to Pokemon? I need both my main series and my Mystery Dungeon.
---
It happened again. I cried at another Pokemon game.
#6thundercat2600(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 6:33:13 AM
tooweak posted...
PS4+PS Vita
Don't want to have to buy a PS4 AND a 720 next gen. Rather just have the PS4. Probably end up going Vita over PS4 if only one system due to the next point I'll be making.

Microsoft = no handheld = what happens to Pokemon? I need both my main series and my Mystery Dungeon.

Microsoft does have Windows Phone. It even has Xbox Live integration with achievements etc.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#7levelmaster2Posted 4/28/2013 6:35:19 AM
What is an IOS/Android?
---
"Really? Are you sure he doesn't normally speak in pirate?"
#8cananyonehelpPosted 4/28/2013 6:35:58 AM
Actually nintendo exclusivity with apple might turn into a powerhouse of gaming.
#9Lord_of_BeefDipPosted 4/28/2013 6:45:18 AM
Their own distribution system via PC, along with whatever handheld they have out at the time.

But I don't see them going 3rd party any time soon. Even if the Wii U sells less than the Gamecube, if they get to a point that they are profiting from every console sold, then they will survive.

Disregarding that even, even if the Wii U is a monumental disaster, with losses in the low billions by 2017 or so, they would still have enough cash to give it at least one more go as far as consoles are concerned.

But nothing indicates that they will be taking losses like that anytime soon. So they could go the entire gen losing what they have lost last year and come out in one piece. Not that it would be good for them to lose money, but they are in a very good position right now, financially.

But since they are set to actually have some good 1st party games out by the end of the year, and with the 3DS picking up even more steam, I don't see them really taking much in the way of losses from here on out. Unless they do something so stupid that it causes the Wii U to tank outright.
---
music3212.proboards.com
My forum, attempting a revival.
#10Maxx_the_SlashPosted 4/28/2013 8:11:16 AM
Irrelevant. Nintendo has more money than any individual company listed in this poll. If they Wii U fails to the point where Nintendo has to abandon it, they'll make a new console. They have enough money to make at least 2 more failing consoles before it would ever go out of business.

Also, if they do stop with the consoles and handhelds, they wont let their games be made on other platforms. They wont allow that. Instead they'll keep paying for the trademarks to prevent Mario from appearing on a Playstation, and they either wont do anything with the trademarks, or they'll do non-gaming stuff to keep their franchises alive, like cartoons, toys, comics and stuff like that.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash