Your biggest gaming regret (Wii U related or not)

#1Sharky8Posted 4/28/2013 9:22:57 AM
I have a few:

In the late 90s I sold my complete in box Super Mario 64 along with a player's guide for $50. Not that I necessarily lost money (in fact, at the time it was a pretty great deal for me) but today I wish I still had the complete game.

Also back in those days, I had a Virtual Boy and a 3 or so games. They were being clearanced for next to nothing. I hated the console, so I sold it to a pawn shop. I made out pretty well, selling my used VB and games for even more than their current clearanced price. However, for collectibility, I wish I still had them today.

This one's a little more recent. I picked up copies of SNES Aladdin and Lion King for 99 cents each. They're good, fun games, and worth around $15-$20 together. Unfortunately, I took a quick offer and resold them for $7 total. I wish I hadn't.
#2poo111111111111Posted 4/28/2013 9:24:48 AM
Buying a Vita in August and since November not having any new releases (that I can't get on the PS3) to make it worth touching.
#3xKYSxPosted 4/28/2013 9:32:07 AM
to this day it's the 360.
---
360 GT & PSN = xKYSx.
#4UponADarkThornePosted 4/28/2013 9:35:01 AM
Back in the day, despite having a chance to do it, I never bought Earthbound. For whatever reason, I thought that it would always be around, so I could rent it.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#5excitebike64Posted 4/28/2013 9:35:58 AM
Mines about not buying something.

Years ago, not sure how long, but maybe it was ten years go... or just shy of it.

I saw a cheap used copy (20 bucks or so) for the Metroid Prime/Zelda WW combination.

I remember flat out thinking, "That is so stupid. I'll just get the games separate."

I don't even understand why I thought it was stupid at the time, but now I realize how I was stupid... not the game.
#6dart246Posted 4/28/2013 9:38:58 AM
At this point buying a Wii U to be honest. It sits there collecting dust and getting terrible ports. I know it's a system launch but the constant push back of games and delays of features was too and is too much for me to warrant it staying in my house.
---
PSN: VisperCon; NNI: Rywins
~2.5 million in 1.5 months is bad sales? Maybe I missed the memo.
#7Alex_RainesPosted 4/28/2013 9:43:51 AM
Buying Assassin's Creed III. I have never been so bored playing a video game. I will not be wasting my money on IV when it comes out.
---
Favorite Games: Persona 4, XBC, Tales of the Abyss, FFVIII, MGS3
"El Psy Congroo"
#8Nintendoboy77Posted 4/28/2013 9:44:07 AM
Buying an Xbox 360 instead of a PS3. Now I'm gonna make up for that mistake by selling my Xbox 360 to help buy a PS3.
#9Maxx_the_SlashPosted 4/28/2013 9:53:47 AM(edited)
My biggest regret in gaming was getting a PS3. For these reasons:

1. I stupidly forked over so much cash on virtual **** in Playstation Home on the PS3. I spent over $400 on items on Home. If I were me I'd kick my own ass for doing that. I could (and somewhat do) blame myself, but the PS3 and the appeal of having a virtual world to walk around in and talk with other players live in person influenced me to do it. It's equally Sony's fault.

2. The PS3 crashed once during Playstation Home. One of those crashes where you're forced to unplug the console. When I did and started it back up, my ENTIRE HDD was corrupted. I lost all my game saves and custom characters for 3D Dot Game Heroes after i was forced to restore everything to factory default.

3. I NEVER had a controller fail on my until the Dualshock 3 came along. The internal battery inside must have exploded or something, because the circuits inside are ****ed. I'm thinking the battery's acid messed the connections on the circuit board up, because when I do stuff like, for example, pressing the left stick in (L3), it does what L1 and L2 should do. Pressing the L1 or L2 button does what Down on the directional pad does. I've never had a controller fail as hard as the Dualshock 3.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash
#10stekim40Posted 4/28/2013 9:55:15 AM
Biggest gaming regret..

Giving my boxed and mint conditioned Ultima III-IV to a friend and finding out a year later he'd binned them when he moved house.

...beyond gutted.
---
Xyzzy!