Can you create more sophisticated Miis on the Wii U?

#1Sharky8Posted 4/28/2013 9:53:15 AM
Is the Mii creator on the Wii U different than the Mii creator on the Wii? Can you add different features and be more creative?

Second question, which I probably know the answer to, if you are playing a Wii game, can you use a Mii you created with the Wii U?
#2DTY3Posted 4/28/2013 9:56:30 AM
I hear it's better than the 3DS version which is better than the Wii version.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#3Maxx_the_SlashPosted 4/28/2013 9:56:54 AM
It has the same Mii creator as the 3DS, which was capable of more things than the Wii could do. But it's still very limited. All you can do different from the Wii is you can increase or decrease the thickness of the eyes and mouth.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash
#4Sharky8(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 9:58:00 AM
But say you put Mario Kart Wii into your Wii U. Can you use a Wii U-created Mii as your profile?
#5ADHDguitarPosted 4/28/2013 9:58:40 AM
Sharky8 posted...
But say you put Mario Kart Wii into your Wii U. Can you use a Wii U-created Mii as your profile?

Yes.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#6DiscostewSMPosted 4/28/2013 10:01:29 AM
WiiU Miis have more option than Wii Miis, but they are still what you would expect from a Mii. WiiU Miis are not available to Wii games, not just because Wii games are unable to work with the newer options, but because WiiU Miis are stored in memory dedicated to only the Wii U mode. The Wii mode runs off a separate 512MB memory module apart from the 8/32 GB module.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#7Ultima_MagikarpPosted 4/28/2013 10:01:36 AM
I just wish they had done something better with the glasses on the Wii U. I want to put some on my Mii, but the few options they have are either too cool sunglasses or "lol look at me I'm a nerd" hornrims. I guess I'm in the minority of people that actually use glasses to see.
#8HellsingOrgPosted 4/28/2013 10:10:43 AM
It sucks and gives no real creativity.
Unless you want to make weird monster alien or famous celebrity miis.

I mean I have encountered at least 7 people on miiverse that looked exactly like my mii >_>

Nintendo needs to add wayyyyyyyyy more mii creation options.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#9Maxx_the_SlashPosted 4/28/2013 10:36:45 AM
ADHDguitar posted...
Sharky8 posted...

Yes.

To clarify this, both the Wii U and it's Wii Mode don't share Miis. If you make a Mii on the Wii U, you'll have to remake it from scratch in Wii Mode, and Mario Kart Wii can't use Wii U Miis, only Wii Mode's Miis.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash
#10Soanevalcke6Posted 4/28/2013 10:39:12 AM
You still can't change the color of your pants, I know that. -Looks at disgusting Red Pants on my Mii-
---
Official Dark Samus of the SSB4 board
SSB4 Roster: http://i.imgur.com/1G9WLfK.png PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6