What franchise needs to die the most?

#1ponyseizuresPosted 4/28/2013 1:02:21 PM
I hate saying this but I think Mario Party. It used to be fun, and I grew up on it with my siblings. But now it's just embarrassing itself. People play the modern titles and judge the past ones to be even worse. They started milking it, releasing new ones every year. At least that's over. I think they should make one big final party and then end it.

You guys?
---
3DS: 4124-4997-6171
#2TrueBlue91Posted 4/28/2013 1:05:32 PM
"New" Super Mario Bros, 'nuff said.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#3Faceman_Posted 4/28/2013 1:11:07 PM
Assassin's Creed. They're just getting sad now.

God of War. No wiggle room for a sequel? Time to start pumping out the prequels!
#4SlyCooperFan12Posted 4/28/2013 1:11:48 PM
I agree with mario party. i used to love mario party, but i really hated 9 with the ministars. unless they go back to the old way, which they probably wont, it shouod end.
---
Sokka:let us leave!
Bumi:lettuce leave?
#5Chocobo115Posted 4/28/2013 1:19:18 PM
None really, they just need to dare make new interesting IPs :/
#6Dr_FacerPosted 4/28/2013 1:19:23 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...
"New" Super Mario Bros, 'nuff said.

This.

Followed by Mario Party.

The Kart series need a break, too.

How many will name CoD in their posts?
#7DBPanterAPosted 4/28/2013 1:19:58 PM
All of the franchises mentioned thus far make their respective company money. They will not disappear.

Mario Party 9: 2.5 million
NSMB2 has sold 6.5 million copies
AC:3 sold over 12.5 million copies

Franchises with poor sales that cost their company money should be targeted first. It's that simple.

If you want to ax Mario Party, I will say ax Zelda. Zelda costs more to develop and longer in time than a Mario Party, but Skyward Sword only managed 3.65 million units sold.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#8Sponge7137Posted 4/28/2013 1:21:46 PM
Both Pikmin and Animal Crossing, never been a fan of those IMO. I can see the appeal of Pikmin but Animal Crossing needs to die.
#9Soanevalcke6Posted 4/28/2013 1:22:19 PM
Assassin's Creed definitely. I would say Call of Duty, but that's too obvious of an answer.
---
Official Dark Samus of the SSB4 board
SSB4 Roster: http://i.imgur.com/1G9WLfK.png PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#10The_DOAMPosted 4/28/2013 1:38:21 PM
ponyseizures posted...
I hate saying this but I think Mario Party. It used to be fun, and I grew up on it with my siblings. But now it's just embarrassing itself. People play the modern titles and judge the past ones to be even worse. They started milking it, releasing new ones every year. At least that's over. I think they should make one big final party and then end it.

You guys?

Actually I can see them going to a DLC format for Mario Party. We didn't have DLC for the Wii or any previous Nintendo Console. So they can just release Mario Party U and make Mini game, board dlc, and character DLC. So yeah one big Mario Party does seem doable.

My vote is for New Super Mario Brothers it's not new if it's been released 4 times. I'd actually be somewhat ok with them if they just changed the name. Either that or they make a New Wario U DLC after they release the New Super Luigi U DLC.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...