What franchise needs to die the most?

#21LinetrixPosted 4/28/2013 2:36:03 PM
Definitely Mario. Nintendo isn't even hiding anymore that they're using the same environments/backgrounds/mechanics/coding of previous games while slightly improving the graphics.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#22_Candice_Posted 4/28/2013 2:39:36 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...
"New" Super Mario Bros, 'nuff said.

This. The only Nintendo franchise that needs to end.

Mario Party only sucked when they stuck everyone in one cart. That idea was made to pacify poor sports. The 3DS one looks great.
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#23Crazy_tank51Posted 4/28/2013 2:41:10 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Mario Party games have been awful far longer than they have been good. Same with the home console Pokemon games.

Disregarding your trolling, I somewhat agree. The last 3 Mario parties sucked and PBR was fail in every way.

But for a serious answer:

CoD: At the very least slow it down. Give yourself an extra year or two to make the game more than a full-priced graphically enhanced map pack.
Any EA sports game for the same reason. Or anything EA produces in general. EA just needs to go.
Angry Birds: Anything to stop the "phone game is the future!" BS. Honestly, you think this game would have done half as well as it did if it was published on DS for retail price?
---
Not changing this sig until I have enough time, incentive, and attention span large enough to change this sig.
#24SS4_NamreppivPosted 4/28/2013 2:42:47 PM
God of War
Call of Duty
Uncharted
Gears of War
Halo

Just to name a few.........
---
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban
#25STE573Posted 4/28/2013 2:48:51 PM
SS4_Namreppiv posted...
God of War
Call of Duty
Uncharted
Gears of War
Halo

I'm going to just throw this out there... You haven't played any of those games have you?
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing Dragons Dogma (360) Xcom (360) Persona 4 (Vita) Demon Souls (PS3).
#26xKYSxPosted 4/28/2013 2:53:51 PM
I actually like mario party series. It's a great fun alternative to monopoly albeit not the same thing though.
---
360 GT & PSN = xKYSx.
#27Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 4/28/2013 2:56:03 PM
SS4_Namreppiv posted...
God of War
Call of Duty
Uncharted
Gears of War
Halo

I'm going to just throw this out there... You haven't played any of those games have you?

No, but the cool people who bullied him in high school did so he wants to get back at them.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#28ZBug_Posted 4/28/2013 2:57:33 PM
Dr_Facer posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
"New" Super Mario Bros, 'nuff said.

This.

Followed by Mario Party.

The Kart series need a break, too.

How many will name CoD in their posts?

I agree with most of this,
I like Mario Kart, but the games have been slowly getting worse, I don't think the series needs to stop, but I wish the quality would be better.

As for CoD. That DOES need to stop. I've played Modern Warfare and it was great, but MW2 and 3, suck really bad, but at the same time, the first one feels too dated now. Black Ops 1 & 2 I think are better the MW2 & 3, but they're still just copy and paste, they're just a little more balanced.
CoD needs to stop, then spend 4 or 5 years producing a game that is actually really good, the problem is, they wont because people will just keep shelling out their money, then wonder why it's not as good as CoD used to be (Which by the way, is the definition of insanity).
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#29ButKevinBaconPosted 4/28/2013 3:02:26 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
SS4_Namreppiv posted...
God of War
Call of Duty
Uncharted
Gears of War
Halo

No, but the cool people who bullied him in high school did so he wants to get back at them.

Wow, assumptions much?

It was elementary school and we're still bullying him.
#30ChibiJPosted 4/28/2013 3:04:42 PM
I agree to a point with NSMB...at least give it a break so we can get an actual new one