How cool would Bioshock Infinite be on Wii U?

#1cloudtheprophetPosted 4/28/2013 1:10:00 PM
The reason why I bring this up is because I just finished the PS3 version. I have to say I was disappointed. Not in the story content or game design itself but technically ran very crappy. The frame rate was not that good (by all means was playable I'm not saying that). My biggest complaint was the screen tearing was terrible. Knowing that architectural wise the Wii U has a lot in common with the Xbox 360 with more ram and a better GPU how hard would it really have been to release on the Wii U. The question is if the Wii U would've ran this game at the least better than the PS3?
---
NNID: cloudtheprophet
#2Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 4/28/2013 1:14:08 PM
Probably would have fared worse ont the wii u like most ports do.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#3dart246Posted 4/28/2013 1:15:01 PM
It's not "how hard would it be to release XYZ on the Wii U" it's "Why waste our money putting a game that we won't be able to recoup the costs back from?"
---
PSN: VisperCon; NNI: Rywins
~2.5 million in 1.5 months is bad sales? Maybe I missed the memo.
#4_Sovereign_Posted 4/28/2013 1:15:02 PM
I don't know what Irrational was working on, but Bioshock it wasn't. The story is cliched, the graphics are not much better than the original, the AI sucks, the world is overly bland and boring once you're 20 minutes into it. I bought it launch day and am about half way through.....haven't played it for at least a week now because it's boring.

It might do well on Wii U, if they included the original like PS3, but I doubt it as everyone who wanted it probably got it when it launched and no news of a Wii U version was available.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#5TheCelticArcherPosted 4/28/2013 1:15:23 PM
I personally didn't care much for it, but I wouldn't say no to any games to be moved over so that the Wii U owners who haven't gotten the opportunity to experience it will be able to, but they should at least include the original Bioshock if they were to do that.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Sleeping Dogs (PS3), Banjo-Kazooie (360), Darksiders II (Wii U), & Need for Speed Most Wanted U.
#6dart246Posted 4/28/2013 1:16:19 PM
_Sovereign_ posted...
I don't know what Irrational was working on, but Bioshock it wasn't. The story is cliched, the graphics are not much better than the original, the AI sucks, the world is overly bland and boring once you're 20 minutes into it. I bought it launch day and am about half way through.....haven't played it for at least a week now because it's boring.

It might do well on Wii U, if they included the original like PS3, but I doubt it as everyone who wanted it probably got it when it launched and no news of a Wii U version was available.

^ Obviously playing Bioshock Infinite on easy and isn't past the boat.
---
PSN: VisperCon; NNI: Rywins
~2.5 million in 1.5 months is bad sales? Maybe I missed the memo.
#7Reflex-ArcPosted 4/28/2013 1:40:32 PM
I love pretty much everything about this game. The color palette is gorgeous, the music is amazing, the gameplay is solid, he voice acting is among the best I've ever heard in a game, and the facial animations are top notch. Plus, the game just looks amazing on PC running on ultra.

Bioshock Infinite would be an excellent addition to the Wii U library.
#8airfoemoePosted 4/28/2013 1:46:39 PM
I want a port, they could give us a director's cut version.
---
http://www.schtserv.com/connect.php
^ go here if u wanna play Phantasy Star Online for Gamecube, Dreamcast,and PC (for free)
#9Schwepps01Posted 4/28/2013 1:47:17 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
I love pretty much everything about this game. The color palette is gorgeous, the music is amazing, the gameplay is solid, he voice acting is among the best I've ever heard in a game, and the facial animations are top notch. Plus, the game just looks amazing on PC running on ultra.

Bioshock Infinite would be an excellent addition to the Wii U library.

On the other hand, I'm not sure how well a good game would fit in with the rest of Wii U's library.
---
#10spacejamjordanzPosted 4/28/2013 1:48:30 PM
It would be a great addition to the library. One of the best games I have played all year.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>