Ok, here's how I predict how this gen will play

#11ORANGE666Posted 4/28/2013 10:30:18 PM(edited)
TheCelticArcher posted...
I personally believe that the Wii U not going to be first place in terms of sales, but that doesn't mean it will be a flop. One of the big 3 are going to get out of the console making business this gen, and sadly, it might be Sony. They aren't doing so well overall, they're selling a lot of their buildings, and making a lot of losses with their products. This gen will either make or break Sony, and it would be sad to see them go, as they provided a lot of fond memories with the PS1 and PS2. I also believe that a lot people will buy the new Xbox, despite the rumours of having always-on DRM for the games.
What do you guys think?

They sold 2 buildings which weren't even being used for anything, one of which was only bought years ago to be resold at a higher price. Then there's the fact that they were losing money on both buildings because of the massive operating cost just having them. Let's say you bought a new 60k car on a payment plan to use for work. 1 month later, you haven't even driven it. 1 year later you still haven't driven it because taking the bus and trying to save the world by cutting down on pollution. In that time you've made no money using the car, you've lost it on payments and insurance. Does it not make sense to sell something that you not only don't need but is killing you financially?

Sony relies on its gaming division to promote its other divisions. Someone who bought a PS3 was more likely to buy a Sony blueray player and an HD TV. It was because of the PS3 and xbox that HD and Blueray became a standard. If Sony gave up on gaming, they'd have nothing left to engage the consumer in their products.

They also have 160 billion in assets with 17 billion in short term debt. If they sold some assets they would easily pay off their debt. Down the road, Sony could pay off all their long term debt and be left with 23-25 billion. Sony is not even close to being in trouble financially. 5-6 years of losing money isn't going to cancel all the profits and things they bought in the last 2 decades.

Playstation is one of their most successful divisions behind Pictures and Finance, there's no way Sony would bend out of a market that their brand relies on. Let's not forget the millions Sony's spent into Virtual Reality which most likely will be in a PS console one day
#12Numbuh100Posted 4/28/2013 10:35:54 PM
Xbox might be the one going down. Wii U and PS4 stays on top.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Project X Zone
BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!
#13TheCelticArcher(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 10:41:17 PM
Numbuh100 posted...
Xbox might be the one going down. Wii U and PS4 stays on top.

That's the way I'd like it to go down, but I honestly think that the Xbox won't go down without a fight. I personally don't care as the only thing Microsoft has, in terms of gaming, that interests me, is the properties they own from buying out Rare.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Sleeping Dogs (PS3), Banjo-Kazooie (360), Darksiders II (Wii U), & Need for Speed Most Wanted U.
#14EvilScythePosted 4/28/2013 10:43:12 PM
Why do people assume Xbox will fail? Like it or not Xbox Live is the most popular, and best online service. It's undeniable. People also seem to forget that Microsoft has plenty of $$$. Xbox is going nowhere people.
#15TheCelticArcher(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 10:48:12 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
TheCelticArcher posted...
I personally believe that the Wii U not going to be first place in terms of sales, but that doesn't mean it will be a flop. One of the big 3 are going to get out of the console making business this gen, and sadly, it might be Sony. They aren't doing so well overall, they're selling a lot of their buildings, and making a lot of losses with their products. This gen will either make or break Sony, and it would be sad to see them go, as they provided a lot of fond memories with the PS1 and PS2. I also believe that a lot people will buy the new Xbox, despite the rumours of having always-on DRM for the games.
What do you guys think?

They sold 2 buildings which weren't even being used for anything, one of which was only bought years ago to be resold at a higher price. Then there's the fact that they were losing money on both buildings because of the massive operating cost just having them. Let's say you bought a new 60k car on a payment plan to use for work. 1 month later, you haven't even driven it. 1 year later you still haven't driven it because taking the bus and trying to save the world by cutting down on pollution. In that time you've made no money using the car, you've lost it on payments and insurance. Does it not make sense to sell something that you not only don't need but is killing you financially?

Sony relies on its gaming division to promote its other divisions. Someone who bought a PS3 was more likely to buy a Sony blueray player and an HD TV. It was because of the PS3 and xbox that HD and Blueray became a standard. If Sony gave up on gaming, they'd have nothing left to engage the consumer in their products.

They also have 160 billion in assets with 17 billion in short term debt. If they sold some assets they would easily pay off their debt. Down the road, Sony could pay off all their long term debt and be left with 23-25 billion. Sony is not even close to being in trouble financially. 5-6 years of losing money isn't going to cancel all the profits and things they bought in the last 2 decades.

Playstation is one of their most successful divisions behind Pictures and Finance, there's no way Sony would bend out of a market that their brand relies on. Let's not forget the millions Sony's spent into Virtual Reality which most likely will be in a PS console one day

I know this is kind of nitpicking, but why would someone buy a Blu-Ray player if they own a PS3? That was pretty much the PS3's "gimmick" and why it did decently well at the start, since it was a cheap Blu-Ray player that could play games. at least when it came out.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Sleeping Dogs (PS3), Banjo-Kazooie (360), Darksiders II (Wii U), & Need for Speed Most Wanted U.
#16LordcrabfoodPosted 4/28/2013 11:12:18 PM
EvilScythe posted...
Why do people assume Xbox will fail? Like it or not Xbox Live is the most popular, and best online service. It's undeniable. People also seem to forget that Microsoft has plenty of $$$. Xbox is going nowhere people.

Logic has no place here over people's prejudices.
#17Woozle_WuzzlePosted 4/28/2013 11:41:54 PM
_Sovereign_ posted...
All Sony has to do is get back to making their games and stop relying on 3rd parties ( as the competition has these as well)

All Nintendo has to do is get their games out, it never fails

All MS has to do is keep digging the hole it's in. No exclusives, pay for mediocre online, pay to be advertised to, terrible hardware, drags multiplatform games on other consoles down ( see Rayman Legends for a prime example), too much focus on entertainment everything instead of games and then some.....etc.

Sony and Nintendo will be fine, it's MS that will perform terribly.

FAIL post of the day ^
#18kalibre16Posted 4/29/2013 1:06:54 AM
Woozle_Wuzzle posted...
_Sovereign_ posted...
All Sony has to do is get back to making their games and stop relying on 3rd parties ( as the competition has these as well)

All Nintendo has to do is get their games out, it never fails

All MS has to do is keep digging the hole it's in. No exclusives, pay for mediocre online, pay to be advertised to, terrible hardware, drags multiplatform games on other consoles down ( see Rayman Legends for a prime example), too much focus on entertainment everything instead of games and then some.....etc.

Sony and Nintendo will be fine, it's MS that will perform terribly.

FAIL post of the day ^

As much as I hate Microsofts practices with the XBOX its sad to say they aren't going anywhere. In fact its these very shady practices that will keep them making profits (which to any business is reason enough to keep going)

Microsoft entered the game from a business perspective not a gamers one, as far as that goes I hate to say it but they know what they are doing to keep profits coming, from charging for online services, getting paid by advertisers, securing exclusive DLC, adopting Cell phone like payment plans for their systems, selling systems with 4GB forcing you to get an additional hard drive etc.....honestly the one in most trouble is SONY

I like Sony and Nintendo as they both seem to at least have some gamer mentality in them but both these companies need to get their act together Nintendo made tons of money with the Wii but they shouldn't let that get to their head, they need better marketing and more games for the Wii-U before the PS4/720 come out otherwise their head start will have been for naught

As for Sony it took them until this year to overtake XBOX sales worldwide but in the US XBOX still dominates so they need to find a way to take the fratbro Audience as well and enough with the handhelds I'm sorry but at this point Nintendo has proven that no one can take their place in that department why even try?
---
---
"A good essay is like a mini skirt its long enough to cover all the important stuff but still short enough to keep you interested"---
#19cybersonic233Posted 4/29/2013 2:49:50 AM
if anyone I predict Nintendo and there place will be taken by the EA