Why Audio CDs are not supported?

#21tuznecotePosted 4/29/2013 1:57:32 AM
sloevenh1 posted...
For the same reason it doesn't play vinyl records.

What? Because cds don't fit into the drive?
#22BurgerTime79Posted 4/29/2013 2:30:32 AM
Did parents stop teaching their kids common life lessions?
Just because you want it, doesn't mean you need it.
Just because someone else has something you want, doesn't mean you're required to have it.

Nintendo isn't there to hand you every piece of tech they can cram in. They're allowed to not include something like the ability to play CDs or DVDs. This day and age those things are in low priority with MP3, Blu Ray and streaming being the biggest push. No one is complaining because they're actually missing out. People complain because they found a "flaw", and want to stick the knife in to make the problem bigger.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#23BuretsuPosted 4/29/2013 2:31:33 AM
tuznecote posted...
sloevenh1 posted...

No, because they're ancient, outdated technology.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#24DoomsSDPosted 4/29/2013 2:34:42 AM
I'd rather have my GAMES console be backwards compatible with my GAMES library than be compatible with my music library which I have about ten other devices in the house to play that on.
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
#25YamiYugi4400Posted 4/29/2013 3:16:48 AM
Buretsu posted...
tuznecote posted...
sloevenh1 posted...

inb4 "like the wii u"
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#26tuznecotePosted 4/29/2013 12:02:58 PM
YamiYugi4400 posted...
Buretsu posted...
tuznecote posted...
sloevenh1 posted...

inb4 "like the wii u"

fuuuuuuu.... *walks out*
#27Rasputin77Posted 4/29/2013 12:11:55 PM
turtlej-man posted...
I still buy cd's... I like being able to show off my collection, without having to search through my computer and/or mp3 player.
I think it looks cool to have a wall of cd's.
And I also like having hard copies of all my media. I still don't fully trust pure digital storage.

Ahhh, you're missing the point, which is to act like any format more than 2 days old is "ancient", and that you'd never touch the stuff because you're just too awesome.
---
Wii U board logic: Posting anything that isn't praise = trolling. Defending that action = running to their rescue.
You can't make this s*** up. XD
#28DBPanterAPosted 4/29/2013 12:20:43 PM
Everyone needs to chill out. We are entering most likely the last generation of physical retail games. The music and movie industry fought hard to keep digital sales from happening, and now they are the majority. The internet infrastructure globally will be much different in 5-7 years than it is today, making the downloading of games a much quicker experience for everyone. The digital only will end up increasing revenue and profit for game developers as well.

Now, if you have caps on download rate, you will either have to up that number down the road or switch providers, but the disappearance of physical sales is on the horizon.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#29nbean16Posted 4/29/2013 12:27:01 PM
turtlej-man posted...
I still buy cd's... I like being able to show off my collection, without having to search through my computer and/or mp3 player.
And I also like having hard copies of all my media. I still don't fully trust pure digital storage.

A wall of cds and no cd player, damn that's depressing. I did the same thing. I bought hundreds of cds in the hopes that one day nintendo would let me play them. Sadly it never happened and I've never heard my own music collection. Will someone invent a cd player already?! What sorcery is this?!
#30BuretsuPosted 4/29/2013 12:27:05 PM
Rasputin77 posted...
turtlej-man posted...

Ahhh, you're missing the point, which is to act like any format more than 2 days old is "ancient", and that you'd never touch the stuff because you're just too awesome.

Obviously, I must have missed the CD-player attachment for iPods and SmartPhones...
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit