For those complaining about how Wii U doesn't play dvd/bluray/audio cd/etc...

#21Neo_HeartlessPosted 4/29/2013 3:00:42 AM
I wouldn't mind the multimedia functionality if we actually had that in Europe.

I mean, we have Netflix and Lovefilm, but I'm guessing some sort of legal wrangling has been slowing down TVii, which means we don't have the likes of BBCiplayer.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#22Helmsly2008Posted 4/29/2013 7:49:28 AM(edited)
Neo_Heartless posted...
I wouldn't mind the multimedia functionality if we actually had that in Europe.

I mean, we have Netflix and Lovefilm, but I'm guessing some sort of legal wrangling has been slowing down TVii, which means we don't have the likes of BBCiplayer.

yeah I am quite surprised that the iplayer isnt up on the Wii U yet in the uk. I would have thought ITV, 4 on demand and the BBC would get their online streaming onto the Wii U as fast as possible.
#23cavebear56Posted 4/29/2013 7:49:27 AM
Shadowbird_RH posted...
Old and outdated argument, as proven by the web browser, Netflix, and similar being on the console. Not having proprietary media playback wasn't philosophically motivated, it was just a business decision.

This.

/thread

On the other side of it, people who do complain about it do it solely out of ignorance, trolling and lacking the higher functions of an average human. Pretty much kit is crying for the sake of crying.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#24VideoGameXVPosted 4/29/2013 1:20:12 PM
I don't even know why people want to play movies and music on a games console anyway, isn't that what a computer, DVD player etc. is for.
---
Pokemon W2 Friend Code: 4771 6198 2957
#25TheDoorMousePosted 4/29/2013 1:28:35 PM
StarBladeEdge posted...
White_Knight13 posted...
Eh, they're simple features to add, and they're expected because of how standard they've become.

Nintendo consoles may be about the games, but they haven't showed it with the Wii U so far. Soon, hopefully.

stop trolling

Dude, shut up. There's absolutely nothing wrong with what he said. He likes the console, we all do. But they're not perfect. However people like you are a serious problem with all three consoles. Mindless zombie followers that call any constructive criticism dissension in the ranks. You don't help Nintendo improve as a developer that way.
---
I hate when people spam block.
#26Yoshi_PridePosted 4/29/2013 1:32:07 PM
It has Netflix, so I'm kool with it
---
If homosexuality is a disease, I should call in sick to work everyday: "Hello. Can't work today, I'm still gay."