Hell yeah, we're probably getting the next Call of Duty game!

#1Heartless18Posted 4/28/2013 7:29:17 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/28/report-spanish-retailer-lists-call-of-duty-ghosts-for-wii-u-an/

Say what you will about the series, but Call of Duty will always be a system seller. This is huge for third party support going into the fall as well. I think we're getting pretty much everything that the 360 and PS3 will be getting this fall as well (not counting first party exclusives).
---
Breaking Hearts With Every Heartbeat
#2Schwepps01Posted 4/28/2013 7:32:21 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3DoomsSDPosted 4/28/2013 7:32:35 PM
Haha. Wonder what the DLC situation will be?

LOL
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
#4MilesTeg420Posted 4/28/2013 7:33:10 PM
Watch there be a different version for PS4/720 while Wii U gets stuck with current gen Ghosts.
#5Schwepps01Posted 4/28/2013 7:33:46 PM
Just like Black Ops 2 sold so many Wii U's, right? And Wii U owners never get cheated on DLC right?
---
/
#6IcedEarthaholicPosted 4/28/2013 7:34:45 PM
Eh, CoD is not a system seller, but at least it shows the third party support is there somewhat, and yes, I am very well aware the Black Ops 2 got the shaft on the Wii U regarding DLC.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#7trenkenPosted 4/28/2013 7:35:44 PM
I couldnt care less about call of duty, but the fact is its now one of the biggest franchises in the world, and the U needs games like it to convince other 3rd party devs the U is a viable platform.

All of us should be hoping games like CoD and Madden do well on the U. Millions upon millions love those franchises, so all they can do is help the U. Nintendo is obviously struggling to get games out. Games take years to build. They can only employ so many people to work on them. They need 3rd party help.

If a publisher doesnt even think a huge seller like CoD is worth putting out on your system, you have a serious problem. The last system they EA decided to abandom (Dreamcast), it died shortly after.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#8ZvolTxPosted 4/28/2013 7:36:35 PM
Ehhh... I bought BO2 and have less than 20 hours on it... I played the previous games to death but it seems I might have outgrown it now.
---
President of the Zelda WiiU Board
http://i.imgur.com/g1SjbEw.jpg
#9DoomsSDPosted 4/28/2013 7:40:52 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Watch there be a different version for PS4/720 while Wii U gets stuck with current gen Ghosts.

Activision likes money. I think PS3/360 will still be their level for CoD until PS4/720 have big install bases.
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
#10Schwepps01Posted 4/28/2013 7:46:01 PM
trenken posted...
I couldnt care less about call of duty, but the fact is its now one of the biggest franchises in the world, and the U needs games like it to convince other 3rd party devs the U is a viable platform.

All of us should be hoping games like CoD and Madden do well on the U. Millions upon millions love those franchises, so all they can do is help the U. Nintendo is obviously struggling to get games out. Games take years to build. They can only employ so many people to work on them. They need 3rd party help.

If a publisher doesnt even think a huge seller like CoD is worth putting out on your system, you have a serious problem. The last system they EA decided to abandom (Dreamcast), it died shortly after.

Why would somebody who enjoys shooters and sports games buy a Wii U? If anything they will get an Xbox 360 just due to the higher abundance of both of those types of games on that system. I certainly wouldn't buy a Wii U, especially considering once the other consoles come out, the games in question probably won't be on the Wii U.
---