So we probably won't be getting any Metal Gear titles huh?

#1TheDoorMousePosted 4/28/2013 8:56:03 PM
That'll be a bummer if true.
---
I hate when people spam block.
#2userfrigginamePosted 4/28/2013 8:58:39 PM
I would actually say that's more likely than not. They could release an HD remake of a previous Metal Gear game on the Wii U like they did on the Gamecube.
#3SocranPosted 4/28/2013 9:10:32 PM
If the Wii U were to somehow become a super-successful system to the point that they could justify an exclusive title in a series known for such large budgets, you know Kojima would want to get in on some mind****ery with the Gamepad.

Psycho Mantis: "Behold, as I turn your TV off and switch between screens at random! Wooooo! ...Hey, wait. There's only one screen. Are you using off-TV play? You're playing this game in the bathroom, aren't you!?"
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#4MilesTeg420Posted 4/28/2013 9:15:20 PM
Metal Gear is on 3DS, Snake is in Super Smash Bros Brawl, Fox Engine is supposedly very scalable, Konami and Nintendo are both Japanese companys...I would say it's pretty likely.

If it doesn't happen I bet there's no Snake in SSBU haha...
#5cybersonic233Posted 4/29/2013 2:56:32 AM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Metal Gear is on 3DS, Snake is in Super Smash Bros Brawl, Fox Engine is supposedly very scalable, Konami and Nintendo are both Japanese companys...I would say it's pretty likely.

already been said Snake and Sonic arent returning
#6StarBladeEdgePosted 4/29/2013 2:58:18 AM
metal gear is soooo overrated we are actually on the better side without them.this is NOT what the wii u needs. it needs better games , yes but not metal gear.metal gear is overrated.sadly.
---
i have a cat called bandersnatcher . the evil in the cat will kill !
bandersnatcher the evil cat !
#7sonicsonicPosted 4/29/2013 3:02:17 AM
cybersonic233 posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...

Who said that ? Are you sure ? I'm fairly certain there is no concrete news about the roster. Only little bits Sakurai has said.

I've been wondering if a MG game will be made for the WiiU, there was that leak with Metal Gear written down and everything else that appeared has been confirmed true.

V isn't meant too be on WiiU. A remake seems unlikely, cause they seem to be getting rid of Hayter and I think he really wants too stick too never bringing Solid back even in a remake.

Who knows if the WiiU will get one. Wouldn't it be amazing if they announced one set during WW2 and you play as The Boss?
#8Neo_HeartlessPosted 4/29/2013 3:04:04 AM
I'd like to see a remake of Twin Snakes, which would be hilarious as it would be a remake of a remake.

Also it flusters the fanboys who scream that its not canon because of the over the top action.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#9StrongBlackVinePosted 4/29/2013 3:04:13 AM
StarBladeEdge posted...
metal gear is soooo overrated we are actually on the better side without them.this is NOT what the wii u needs. it needs better games , yes but not metal gear.metal gear is overrated.sadly.

You don't like it...so what? Wii U needs game like Metal Gear to appeal to a broader market.
#10cybersonic233Posted 4/29/2013 3:04:16 AM
sonicsonic posted...
cybersonic233 posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...

Who said that ? Are you sure ? I'm fairly certain there is no concrete news about the roster. Only little bits Sakurai has said.

I've been wondering if a MG game will be made for the WiiU, there was that leak with Metal Gear written down and everything else that appeared has been confirmed true.

V isn't meant too be on WiiU. A remake seems unlikely, cause they seem to be getting rid of Hayter and I think he really wants too stick too never bringing Solid back even in a remake.

Who knows if the WiiU will get one. Wouldn't it be amazing if they announced one set during WW2 and you play as The Boss?

It was on some IGN article after E3 2011 that the 3rd parties said no to there characters being used because they didnt wish to work with the new developer's