When U Were Young, What Did U Do When U Were Stuck At A Point In A Game?

#11ZvolTxPosted 4/28/2013 10:39:25 PM
Yeah I know... Since I missed the huge JRPG revolution, I'm not huge into them, but they aren't bad by any means. I have ChronoTrigger anyways :P
---
President of the Zelda WiiU Board
http://i.imgur.com/g1SjbEw.jpg
#12rudgerlightPosted 4/28/2013 10:55:34 PM
I went onto sites like these (or this site? I can never remember how old this site is).
#13knightimexPosted 4/29/2013 1:09:43 AM
It depended on the game as in stuck because it was hard, I got lost, or a puzzle. If it was hard id stop playing for a while, if it was lost or a puzzle id go to the mall or get on AOL 3.0 to see if I could find anything
---
Old School Style Games FTW!
#14stekim40Posted 4/29/2013 1:46:52 AM
When I was gaming in the late 70's or 80's I'd keep give it a break for a couple of days and come back to it refreshed. From the late 80's I'd ask the wife to watch me play, I always do better for some reason when she's watching.
---
Xyzzy!
#15Chocobo115Posted 4/29/2013 3:31:11 AM
Well when i was really young, the first few years of my gaming I just went to fetch my Mother.
Ah so many slayed bosses and the good time wirth DuckTales on NES together with my Mother.
or played the part Co-op with my Father. (Chip n' Dale, Tailspin on Mega Dribe/Genesis)
Later I just become stubborn and decided to learn the patterns/figure it out myself.
#16DoomsSDPosted 4/29/2013 3:37:10 AM
ZvoLtx posted...
Yeah I know... Since I missed the huge JRPG revolution, I'm not huge into them, but they aren't bad by any means. I have ChronoTrigger anyways :P

DS version is pretty boss. I like SNES games on handhelds.
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
#17Mr_YoojPosted 4/29/2013 4:22:38 AM
when I first played pikmin 2 I literally went back to old caves and collected monsters until I gor 10,000 pokos
---
Boo for U
~Super Smash U~
#18Virus66Posted 4/29/2013 4:34:01 AM
I still remember renting Super Mario RPG on the SNES and being stuck in the sunken ship because of that stupid password. I couldn't do the puzzles as a kid so I just sat there and fought enemies until I got bored and returned it. It wasn't until I rented it a second time that i saw the back of the rental case had some tips for the game... including the aforementioned password. It's PEARLS >_<
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#19game freakozoidPosted 4/29/2013 4:50:29 AM
Virus66 posted...
I still remember renting Super Mario RPG on the SNES and being stuck in the sunken ship because of that stupid password. I couldn't do the puzzles as a kid so I just sat there and fought enemies until I got bored and returned it. It wasn't until I rented it a second time that i saw the back of the rental case had some tips for the game... including the aforementioned password. It's PEARLS >_<

Came in here to post exactly this except for how I found out the password.

I seriously could not do those puzzles to get the answer and my friend couldn't do it on his game either. I think I had grinded to level 20 or so just trying to work out the puzzle. One day at school my friend came running up to me exclaiming that the password was PEARLS. He had spent a whole day trying different letter combinations until he got it. I finally was able to also complete the puzzle an although I replayed the game many times in my life, I've never actually found out the password legitimately.
#20IloveElitePosted 4/29/2013 4:55:31 AM
The internet didn't exist when I first started gaming (Christmas 1977)
If I was stuck I'd either come back at it at a later date or ask friends to help.

There was no such thing as trading then, you bought a game and you were stuck with it, couldn't trade it in or buy used ones. new only
---
NNID: Stevezen
Currently playing: MH3U and Lego City Undercover