C/D: Nintendo cares more about its handheld consoles

#1piUrsEitanizmPosted 4/29/2013 12:05:29 AM
C/D: Nintendo cares more about its handheld consoles - Results (40 votes)
Confirm
65% (26 votes)
Deny
35% (14 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Go!
---
I support the war on drugs.
Fightings a ***** when you're sober.
#2digiblasterPosted 4/29/2013 12:23:24 AM
Yes, but that's not to say they don't care about their home consoles at all.

It's just that their handhelds make boatloads of money, whereas home consoles only make truckloads.
---
Yeah, that's a problem games had back then. You actually had to get good at them. - Mctias
#3Blaze_T_dragonPosted 4/29/2013 12:36:33 AM
I think it's just that they're typically better at making handhelds than consoles. In fact, I'd say that the problem with most other handhelds is that other companies are typically trying to literally take their home console, and smash it into a handheld, instead of just making it it's own thing like Nintendo does, usually ignoring or otherwise not thinking too hard about the different design challenges involved. However on the other hand, Nintendo seems to be doing the opposite, keeping on designing consoles to be entierly their own thing when they really don't need to be. It does help set them apart, but that's not always a good thing.

Although I will admit that without that setting them apart, then all consoles these days would literally just be weaker, proprietary PCs that only work with very selective software. And if that were the case, I'd rather everyone just make games for proper computers and end this Console War BS. At least for home consoles.
---
Will not change sig until a Portable Smash Bros. comes out ~ Apr. 27, 2009
#4DiscostewSMPosted 4/29/2013 12:40:59 AM
Maybe it's just more about the fact that the 3DS came out 1.5 years earlier than the Wii U, so it has more software both released and in development.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#5Maxx_the_SlashPosted 4/29/2013 12:49:48 AM
They don't care more about their handhelds than consoles. They're just making their handhelds better than consoles. Just because the Wii U doesn't sell as well as they want it to, that doesn't mean they didn't care.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash