The percent of people who voted for Nintendo Network on the poll...

#1ExtremelyFatGuyPosted 4/29/2013 12:55:40 AM
...is also the percent of market share Nintendo will get if they only go for Nintendo fanboys. Get with it, this is 2013, people want online and all the non-gaming stuff just as much as games. BTW, if people say that Nintendo Network is newer, aren't they "copycats" for adding online after Microsoft and Sony did it first, just like how people say Sony and Microsoft are "copycats" for adding motion sensing when Nintendo did it first?
#2deathslovePosted 4/29/2013 12:58:38 AM
I agree online and network is the future. Not every game needs online, but a system needs a good account system and online infrastructure.
#3ElectricMolePosted 4/29/2013 1:01:58 AM
what foolishness to vote for NN. Your content is linked to your console not to your account. Thats the stupidest way to run things.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188
#4thanthenPosted 4/29/2013 1:07:42 AM
Nintendo doesn't deserve to have its own console.
---
Rock is fine, scissors are overpowered.
-paper
#5CranberryPSOPosted 4/29/2013 1:15:13 AM
I voted for Nintendo not so much because it's a great network but because of how the others are run.

Xbox 360 doesn't let you do much of anything unless you pay subscription fees for the Gold membership. Heck even free services they won't let you access without paying network fees on. I've also been charged by MS for things I didn't actually buy and multiple calls in about it were futile. They just quoted their "no refunds" policy and I lost a bunch of money. They even tried to claim at my console was playing the software that was bought, yet the software wasn't even downloaded to my machine.

Sony's network has had crippling security problems, and I've also had such terrible customer service from Sony that I really can't stand them.

Nintendo's network lets me play with people for free and actually treats me well when I need to call I for customer service, they've never falsely charged me, and I've never had my information compromised through Nintendo.

Their network needs refinement but I've had better experiences with it than I've had with Sony or Microsoft.
---
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 2
#6MasterPokerPosted 4/29/2013 1:22:29 AM
So only 9% of voters prefer a network that doesn't want to charge you for using it?

Its only a matter of time before Sony's Playstation Plus service becomes "mandatory". They've seen Microsoft make too much money not to.

As someone who prefers no-frills online (jump in and play, less catering to group/coordinated/"competitive" players), I have no problems with Nintendo Network, be it for the DS or Wii line of systems. Downtime is minimal and it works fine. Of course, they're still behind the times on digital offerings, but that should be changing soon.
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Ranked 1st, survived the dungeon: Xuande
#7rudgerlightPosted 4/29/2013 1:25:01 AM
I voted for Nintendo. If you asked me last year, I never would have said that, but the Wii U's online is perfectly fine. It's not the greatest in the world, but it's better than paying to be advertised to. I don't even know what's so special about Sony's online. Nothing wrong with it, but it certainly never stood out. Miiverse stands out.
#8halfelven23Posted 4/29/2013 1:48:01 AM
MasterPoker posted...
So only 9% of voters prefer a network that doesn't want to charge you for using it?

Its only a matter of time before Sony's Playstation Plus service becomes "mandatory". They've seen Microsoft make too much money not to.

As someone who prefers no-frills online (jump in and play, less catering to group/coordinated/"competitive" players), I have no problems with Nintendo Network, be it for the DS or Wii line of systems. Downtime is minimal and it works fine. Of course, they're still behind the times on digital offerings, but that should be changing soon.

r u nostradamus?
---
PSN ID: Gogunners23
#9StarBladeEdgePosted 4/29/2013 2:40:07 AM
what a stupid username

probably true
---
ice cream in my ears in my ears is ice scream in your ears is other things in my ears is ice stream
#10IcedEarthaholicPosted 4/29/2013 3:07:21 AM
rudgerlight posted...
I voted for Nintendo. If you asked me last year, I never would have said that, but the Wii U's online is perfectly fine. It's not the greatest in the world, but it's better than paying to be advertised to. I don't even know what's so special about Sony's online. Nothing wrong with it, but it certainly never stood out. Miiverse stands out.

This, I am cool with Nintendo Network, and am aware that it has growing pains, but I know there is massive potential for it, and so long as it is free, I will gladly keep using it. Same with PSN.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973