i want to buy a new system today

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. i want to buy a new system today
2 years ago#1
and i don't know which one.ps360u........ why should i get a wii u ? what do i get ?

i'll ask this on the ps3 and 360 boards too to get some opinions.

thanks
---
i have a cat called bandersnatcher . the evil in the cat will kill !
bandersnatcher the evil cat !
2 years ago#2
Don't get the Wii U it has no good games, PS3 and XBOX are better choices.
---
Tada! I'm a tomato!
2 years ago#3
Get a pre-owned Snes.
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
2 years ago#4
Do you like handheld consoles?

If so go with the 3DS. Good library, soon to be a great library.

If you don't like handhelds, go with a PS3, great library of cheap games, free online and probably the best exclusives with the added support of third party.

I would hold off of the 360 right now as the 720 might be backwards compatible out of the box and I would hold off of the Wii U right now as I expect a price cut soon and there aren't a great deal of good games.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing Dragons Dogma (360) Xcom (360) Persona 4 (Vita) Demon Souls (PS3).
2 years ago#5
get the one with the most games ps3 and 360 will be done in a year or 2 Wii U still got 5 to 6 years so a wii U would be a better choice unless you want to get a ps4 or next xbox later
---
KAMMY KOOPA is the final hope for Nintendo!
2 years ago#6
KAMMYqueen posted...
get the one with the most games ps3 and 360 will be done in a year or 2 Wii U still got 5 to 6 years so a wii U would be a better choice unless you want to get a ps4 or next xbox later

This is a good point also.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing Dragons Dogma (360) Xcom (360) Persona 4 (Vita) Demon Souls (PS3).
2 years ago#7
I personally would be wary of getting a 360 or PS3 simply because the next iterations will be out this year. I personally hate having a system that will be immediately replaceable by its successor. Either wait for a PS4 or get a Wii U. The 720 likely won't be worth it's weight.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
2 years ago#8
PS3, it has a big library at its disposal and unlike Nintendo which completely abandoned the Wii, will still most likely be getting games well into the PS4's lifecycle. It has more exclusives than Microsoft and free online.

Lastly, unlike the WII U, the PS3 is at a good price right now so you can use the savings to work towards saving up either a PS4/720 or maybe getting a Wii U when it gets a price drop and some actual games for it.
2 years ago#9
The PS3 is a good choice if you aren't planning on getting a PS4 anytime soon, cuz I think all those games on PS3 will be available to purchase on a PS4. It still has some exclusives coming out, and it already has a vast game library. However, they might drop the price of it after releasing the PS4, so it could actually be better to wait if you wanna get one. The Wii U is still in its infant stage, and doesn't have that many games right now. And I wouldn't go for an Xbox until they release the next one, and by then they're gonna be releasing a new Xbox 360 for $100.
I guess bottom line: if you wait till near the end up this year, ur gonna get a better deal no matter what console you get. However, if you get the Wii U now, you won't be losing any money by getting it early this year. You could end up spending more money than you should if you buy a PS3 or Xbox 360 now.
2 years ago#10
userfrigginame posted...
The PS3 is a good choice if you aren't planning on getting a PS4 anytime soon, cuz I think all those games on PS3 will be available to purchase on a PS4. It still has some exclusives coming out, and it already has a vast game library. However, they might drop the price of it after releasing the PS4, so it could actually be better to wait if you wanna get one. The Wii U is still in its infant stage, and doesn't have that many games right now. And I wouldn't go for an Xbox until they release the next one, and by then they're gonna be releasing a new Xbox 360 for $100.
I guess bottom line: if you wait till near the end up this year, ur gonna get a better deal no matter what console you get. However, if you get the Wii U now, you won't be losing any money by getting it early this year. You could end up spending more money than you should if you buy a PS3 or Xbox 360 now.

That is completely assuming that the Wii U won't get a price drop. Any of the consoles are likely to get another price drop and PS4 isn't backwards compatible so the PS3 isn't really effected as much by its release.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. i want to buy a new system today

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived