The final couple worlds in Super Mario World are so unbelievably lame...

#11Soanevalcke6Posted 4/29/2013 7:34:19 AM
DTY3 posted...
Also let me say this:

Super Mario World has some of the blandest aesthetics for the worlds since the first game in the series.

The level design is top notch but all of the levels kind of blend in together and worlds end up looking the same.

Ugh, this. SMW is my favorite out of the two, but it could have really used some unique level aesthetics.

Not as Bland as Super Mario 3D Land though, which is another great game with amazing level design (I would say better than 64/Sunshine, and a little worse than Galaxy 1 & 2), but all of the levels just look the same.
---
Official Dark Samus of the SSB4 board
SSB4 Roster: http://i.imgur.com/1G9WLfK.png PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#12DTY3Posted 4/29/2013 7:35:20 AM
Yeah 3D land also has that problem from what I've seen in videos.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#13The_Mana_Legend(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 7:35:59 AM
trenken posted...
I havent played this game in so long. The only thing I really remember is that the worlds themes/names have nothing to do with the levels themselves.

Its almost like they designed the levels first, and then later decided to have worlds. You play the first world, called Yoshis Island, and its cool, then you get to Donut Plains or whatever its called, and the levels look the same as the first world! There is nothing about donuts in them!

Then you get to Vanilla Dome, and.... well.... they are mostly all the same again. Nothing about Vanilla in them. Really odd and actually extremely lazy and poorly planned when you think about it.

Yes, it's pretty bad. I feel like they were rushed to meet the SNES launch or something.
#14BeanBeanKingdomPosted 4/29/2013 7:37:07 AM
3D Land doesn't even have themed worlds though. Each level is its own thing, like random toys in a toybox. That's what they were going for from the beginning, it's not like they gave the worlds themed names like in Super Mario World.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#15trenkenPosted 4/29/2013 8:29:32 AM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
3D Land doesn't even have themed worlds though. Each level is its own thing, like random toys in a toybox. That's what they were going for from the beginning, it's not like they gave the worlds themed names like in Super Mario World.

Thats fine, go one way or the other. If youre gonna have worlds, might wanna make sure the levels reflect them. They dont in SMW and its really strange.

You get to Donuts Plains and youre all expecting levels based on that theme, but they arent! at all. Its a great game, the levels are fun, but this aspect of it seems like the project wasnt planned around having themed worlds.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#16The_Mana_Legend(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 1:51:45 AM
trenken posted...
BeanBeanKingdom posted...

Thats fine, go one way or the other. If youre gonna have worlds, might wanna make sure the levels reflect them. They dont in SMW and its really strange.

You get to Donuts Plains and youre all expecting levels based on that theme, but they arent! at all. Its a great game, the levels are fun, but this aspect of it seems like the project wasnt planned around having themed worlds.

I actually just played a bit of the game with my fiance, and she was basically going "Where the hell did the dinosaurs go?" Like, it's called Dinosaur Land, but there are only a couple of levels with dinosaurs.
---
What can I do to save Sony?