Are Sega games generally better than Nintendo games?

#171kreegan64Posted 5/2/2013 11:16:33 PM
I'd say no, I luv SEGA games, and still play them today, but they don't release many good titles outside of Sonic, which has only recently been getting back up. That article is so rage rage rage that it could pass as a spoof of Ninty-hater rages, but it's serious, which then makes it hard to take it seriously. I'm not trying to just completely disregard his statements or anything, but anyone who uses such blatantly angry, profane, and biased words and language when trying to explain something just generally come off as childish. I see some of his points I guess, but can't really say since haven't played SPM.

The Conduit was fun, but extremely unpolished and basic. Even Nintendo tragedies like LoZ SS at least worked both technically and structurally (but I still like The Conduit more)
---
Jesus Christ saves any who call and accept him. Today is better than tomorrow to get saved. Never accept the mark of the beast.
#172Shamrock99Posted 5/2/2013 11:50:58 PM
kreegan64 posted...
...they don't release many good titles outside of Sonic

*facepalm*

crimsonclaw111 posted...
Not everybody loves a certain title.

This is news to me.
---
http://tinyurl.com/c4sed7y | http://tinyurl.com/b59xwvj | http://tinyurl.com/a5heha2
http://www.backloggery.com/Kajicat
#173kinterpin890Posted 5/3/2013 7:42:44 AM
sunK1D posted...
crimsonclaw111 posted...
crimsonclaw111 posted...
I have no idea why people are hailing Jet Set/Grind Radio as a classic, it controls like crap and has an insane difficulty curve which makes it even harder to appreciate.

I had no problem beating either Jet Grind Radio or Jet Set Radio Future back in the day. The difficulty wasn't bad at all...I think people are just too used to how easy games are nowadays. Control didn't bug me either. I was able to rock in that game! Apparently so were the "professional" critics who raved about the game, along with gamers

Not everybody loves a certain title. I just don't like JGR. It most likely boils down to the characters handling like bricks in my experience.

Don't give me the "easy" crap, either, because some games are difficult and fun to play (Bayonetta NIC, DMC3, Ninja Gaiden: Black), and then other titles such as JGR are, to me, a chore.

JSR is more of an artistic take on gaming than an actual fun to play game. I for one, enjoy it more for its atmosphere than the actual gameplay. I actually have the original on my DC and X360/Vita copies. I'll support Sega till I die.

Completely disagree. The gameplay of JSR is what makes the game so good. The blend between a platformer and extreme sport was done excellently in that game. While the artistic nature of the game has its charm, it's the gameplay that makes me come back to it.

As for the topic question, yes, Sega games are generally better than Nintendo's. There's more variety in them, as well just being more fun to play. Just wish Sega localized their games outside Japan more often.
#174emjay86Posted 5/3/2013 7:55:02 AM
I could not finish what the guy wrote. I don't think it's necessary to swear THAT much. And I usually swear a lot. Plus the background was really annoying...
#175NeoFalconHavok(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 9:00:59 AM
jakestar0306 posted...
Ah, didn't know about that. Either way, it's sold about 700,000 copies according to VGChartz (though I'm not sure how reliable they are), which is still good.

Right. Didn't push numbers.

Games need to break at least 3-4 million sales at best just to make a profit, especially considering how much money Nintendo blew on the 3DS, those piddly numbers don't mean anything to them. My god, it sold LESS than Kirby's Epic Yarn! That is painful.
---
"If this guy has a problem with GameFaqs users that like Nintendo games, he can kiss my ass."
LMFAO
#176jakestar0306Posted 5/4/2013 12:13:01 PM
NeoFalconHavok posted...
My god, it sold LESS than Kirby's Epic Yarn! That is painful.

Explain to me how it's painful that a remake of an N64 game sold less than a highly-popular Kirby game that's existed for almost twice as long; I'd LOVE to hear your reasoning.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#177MC_Brian1Posted 5/4/2013 12:27:53 PM
This guy's attitude is really terrible. Anyone who disagrees with him is a "Nintard"? I personally loved SPM and Skyward Sword. I agree about the tadpoles thing (so stupid) and actually a lot of his complaints about fetch quests are valid. But Nintendo games have never really been all that story driven. The story has always been an excuse to go make you do ****. The fun is the gameplay; the process of doing the bullcrap the game's story has pushed on you.

Btw, although I eagerly anticipated both and played the hell out of both of them, the Conduit games are terrible. And the reason they suck is because they're on the Wii, sadly. If a Conduit 3 came out of the Wii U and there was time to polish it, I bet we could have a great exclusive on our hands. Sadly, it won't ever happen. Conduit 2 tanked.
---
Will Nuketown be like the McRib? - PatrickEwing
I hope not. I hate explosive diarrhea. - BadDecisions
#178NeoFalconHavok(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 12:47:47 PM
jakestar0306 posted...
NeoFalconHavok posted...
My god, it sold LESS than Kirby's Epic Yarn! That is painful.

Explain to me how it's painful that a remake of an N64 game sold less than a highly-popular Kirby game that's existed for almost twice as long; I'd LOVE to hear your reasoning.

First off, Star Fox 64 is considered to be one of the greatest hallmarks of the series (along with OOT). Given it's fame, it should never have undersold Kirby's Epic Yarn (which despite your logic, isn't at all popular, otherwise we can group Pikmin in the same category since they sold roughly the same amount). Being a "remake" is not the issue, otherwise OOT should've sold less than Epic Yarn as well.

Where'd this "highly popular" stuff come from? I've heard little to no praise of this game outside journalists and forums.
---
"If this guy has a problem with GameFaqs users that like Nintendo games, he can kiss my ass."
LMFAO
#179GamersTavernPosted 5/4/2013 1:02:09 PM
Sega games have, on average, more blast processing than Nintendo games. Not to mention the amazing Sega 32X, which trumps all.
---
Main Site: http://www.gamers-tavern.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/GamersTavernShow
#180xanthan1Posted 5/4/2013 1:10:49 PM
Sonic 2006.