Why is the price to upgrade to the Wii U version of VC different b/w systems?

#1ElenaFisherPosted 4/29/2013 12:42:34 PM
Just noticed that cost $1.00 to upgrade NES games but Nintendo charges an extra $.50 for SNES games. Seems kind of strange. Has Nintendo explained?
---
http://i.imgur.com/0nwjj.gif
#2McDude_Posted 4/29/2013 12:49:07 PM
The implication, if you hadn't already caught it from the initial price of the game itself, is that Nintendo likes money.

That's it.

And also....pay up, sucka!
---
"He's not daddy. He's just a guy in a suit."
#3AiddonPosted 4/29/2013 12:50:41 PM
perhaps it's due to extra work to port them. Remember, the difference in power between the NES and SNES was quite significant so it's reflected in the pricing.
#4LanternOfAshPosted 4/29/2013 12:54:18 PM
It's basically because they're 'newer' and thus 'worth the higher price' on Nintendo's little PR sheets. In reality, assuming they have a universal emulator (I'm assuming that because they can't possibly be dumb enough to do it on an individual game basis), it's not costing them any more money than any other games and they're pricing it higher because they can.
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
#5AhnoldDoodPosted 4/29/2013 1:35:35 PM
LanternOfAsh posted...
It's basically because they're 'newer' and thus 'worth the higher price' on Nintendo's little PR sheets. In reality, assuming they have a universal emulator (I'm assuming that because they can't possibly be dumb enough to do it on an individual game basis), it's not costing them any more money than any other games and they're pricing it higher because they can.

Cute, this guy thinks he know how emulators work. I bet you never even tried injecting a ROM to a VC .WAD.
#6darkjedilinkPosted 4/29/2013 1:38:47 PM
LanternOfAsh posted...

The games are emulated individually - the individual emulator is part of the VC download. There is no universal emulator, and there never has been.

We've known this since before the Wii launched.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#7wisemiddsPosted 4/29/2013 2:01:28 PM
The drones as per usual are happy to pay and are shouting troll and cheapskate at everybody else that thinks its a joke Nintendo haven't got a proper account system up and running, and are asking for people to effectively pay twice (more if you bought it 1st time around) Personally I think it's a massive con and its no wonder people arnt buying Wii U.
---
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
XBL, PSN: wisemidds
#8LanternOfAshPosted 4/29/2013 3:05:00 PM
darkjedilink posted...
The games are emulated individually - the individual emulator is part of the VC download. There is no universal emulator, and there never has been.

We've known this since before the Wii launched.

Ok, well that explains why they're charging you more than. Because they're doing it the limited, expensive and dumb way for some reason.
---
#9LanternOfAshPosted 4/29/2013 3:20:25 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
Cute, this guy thinks he know how emulators work. I bet you never even tried injecting a ROM to a VC .WAD.

I was talking about individual emulators for each system. Of course I don't expect them to try and run NES games with a SNES emulator.
---
#10ElenaFisher(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 6:32:49 PM
perhaps it's due to extra work to port them. Remember, the difference in power between the NES and SNES was quite significant so it's reflected in the pricing.

I get that.

It just seems weird to charge more for the discount price. I think they should have just charged a flat $1.00 or $1.50 for people who also own the Wii versions of VC games rather than have this magical difference that doesn't make much sense to me.
---
http://i.imgur.com/0nwjj.gif