Do Wii games actually look better on Wii U?

#1STN79Posted 4/29/2013 4:18:07 PM
I remember while playing skyward sword on Wii for some reason i could barely read the text. I usually noticed that only when trying to play HD games on a non HD TV. Skyward sword is not HD though so i don't know what the problem was. Most of my other games looked decent but i'm wondering if they'd look more crisp on Wii U. Have you tried any Wii games yet?
#2ImGanondorfLolPosted 4/29/2013 4:24:06 PM(edited)
All I can say is that with an HDMI cable it looks horrible, when I played Skyward Sword you couldn't even see Link's face. I've never tried it with composite cables. Super Mario Galaxy didn't look as bad though. The game looked much better with a non-HD TV, I had no problem reading the text, it was really clear.
#3Soanevalcke6Posted 4/29/2013 4:23:21 PM
If you you used the cables that came with the Wii, yes, the Wii U will look better because Yoou are used to 480i and the Wii U will show it in 480p. If you had Component Cables for your Wii already, then no, it won't look better.
---
Official Dark Samus of the SSB4 board
SSB4 Roster: http://i.imgur.com/1G9WLfK.png PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#4jackorhoadsPosted 4/29/2013 4:25:22 PM
Without sounding rude I think its more wishful thinking by most people.
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#5TheCelticArcherPosted 4/29/2013 4:26:24 PM
Twilight Princess looked better imo
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Sleeping Dogs (PS3), Banjo-Kazooie (360), Darksiders II (Wii U), & Need for Speed Most Wanted U.
#6STN79(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 4:28:21 PM
Hmm maybe i'll just have to load up skyward sword in my Wii U and give it a look.
Seems there's alot of mixed opinions on this.
#7RetroFanGirlPosted 4/29/2013 5:35:09 PM
There's less noise in the signal, but the resolution is still the same as the original Wii with components.
---
Hi.
#8iphysPosted 4/29/2013 9:22:51 PM
With HDMI, it looks ever so slightly better than the Wii component video I'd say (and definitely much better than composite), but I think there's also maybe 1 frame of lag that you get because it's a digital rather than analog signal. BTW, if you do ever use the Wii component cable with the Wii U, I don't recommend setting your Wii U to 1080p though, as I found the image wavers around slightly in a way it doesn't on the Wii or a Wii U set to 480p or 720p.