All I want is to see a screenshot of an HD Zelda, Metroid, or 3D Mario game

#1FunkyhamsterPosted 4/29/2013 9:23:36 PM
Anybody else feeling this way? I've been fantasizing for the last 8 years about what an HD Zelda or Metroid game would look like. Every time I hooked up my Gamecube to a monitor, the blocky pixels would cause me to daydream about a distant future of high-definition Nintendo games. Once the Wii U was announced, I assumed that we'd finally get to see a premier first party game in glorious HD, and I thought for sure that one of these games would at least get announced by now.

Hopefully the next month will change things. As it is, I feel like Nintendo is playing some sort of massive practical joke. After 11 years, they finally have a console that significantly ups the ante with graphics, and yet there's an unprecedented lack of information about upcoming games.
#2Adrian2040Posted 4/29/2013 9:26:44 PM(edited)
Just wait for E3. Nintendo won't have a Press Conference Show, but they are still going to show their games on their booth. They already confirmed their presence, along with the first look on the 3D Mario game.
---
Xbox Live and PSN Account: Adrian2040N
Pokemon Black - FC: 4512 9863 4715
#3BuretsuPosted 4/29/2013 9:27:30 PM
I want a new Metroid, but I fear that the poison that was Other M is too deep in the veins..
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#4Jacob46719Posted 4/29/2013 9:34:37 PM
We got some HD Wind Waker Pre-Alpha...
---
Currently Playing: Skyrim, Littlebigplanet 2, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, 007 Legends, StarCraft 2
#5RahzarXPosted 4/29/2013 9:36:33 PM
I know right? Why can't we have E3 before E3? It makes NO sense.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#6Funkyhamster(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 9:43:58 PM
RahzarX posted...

I'm hopeful that there will be some cool games to see at this year's E3, but ideally we would have seen some first-party games at previous E3s. I remember E3 2006 and its reveal of Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 very fondly.
#7SocranPosted 4/29/2013 9:56:22 PM
Funkyhamster posted...
RahzarX posted...

I'm hopeful that there will be some cool games to see at this year's E3, but ideally we would have seen some first-party games at previous E3s. I remember E3 2006 and its reveal of Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 very fondly.

Just so you know, they've already confirmed that both the next big 3D Mario game and the next Mario Kart will be playable at E3. (I don't think they specifically said they wouldn't reveal names/screenshots prior to that, but it's so soon that they're probably just gonna wait.) They also confirmed that there will be "screens" of the new Smash Bros. at E3, although Sakurai later tweeted that Iwata mispoke, and there will be more than just screens. (I suspect he meant to say "visuals", and what we'll actually get is a trailer.)

We know there's a brand new Zelda in the works, but thus far they don't have anything to show, and it's likely that they still won't have anything at E3. We might have some info on the Wind Waker remake due out this Fall, though, which is an old Zelda, but still HD. We have seen screenshots of that already.

And then, of course, there's X, which is omfg so hype but we have no clue when we'll get more info: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GxUMMGyZcM
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#8TubulaPosted 4/29/2013 9:59:03 PM
Yeah, I've been getting excited and impatient myself. 39 more days.
---
What is a Mega Man? A miserable little pile of circuits! But enough talk, have at you!