Are you going to skip Nintendo's announcements close to E3?

#1RahzarXPosted 4/29/2013 10:35:06 PM
No, because you're a gamer and you tune into every announcement regardless of where it is broadcasted from.

/discussion
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#2Jacob46719Posted 4/29/2013 10:36:24 PM
NONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!
Every Nintendo Direct is E3!
---
Currently Playing: Skyrim, Littlebigplanet 2, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, 007 Legends, StarCraft 2
#3MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 4/29/2013 11:27:09 PM
Jacob46719 posted...

It's so easy to please Nintendo fans. It's really the only reason they're still in business.
---
Proud owner of the Wii U!
#41shadetail1Posted 4/29/2013 11:42:43 PM
RahzarX posted...
No, because you're a gamer and you tune into every announcement regardless of where it is broadcasted from.

Exactly. And that is why E3 is obsolete. Game companies don't need those old-media dinosaurs anymore. They can do their own announcements and broadcasts directly to the gamers, and they know we will still pay attention.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#5RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 11:49:42 PM
MR_Smarty_Pants posted...
Jacob46719 posted...

It's so easy to please Nintendo fans. It's really the only reason they're still in business.

I can't wait to hear what pleases you, do go on.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#6Sirian_HawkPosted 4/30/2013 12:41:38 AM
1shadetail1 posted...
RahzarX posted...

Exactly. And that is why E3 is obsolete. Game companies don't need those old-media dinosaurs anymore. They can do their own announcements and broadcasts directly to the gamers, and they know we will still pay attention.

Nonsense. E3 is about appealing to ALL gamers: new, old, casual, hardcore. It is about attracting customers.

Directs are made for informing current customers. People who aren't already Nintendo fans aren't likely to watch or even know when Nintendo Directs come on. Think about it, if you didn't currently own any Nintendo consoles (handheld or otherwise) do you think you would be heavy into following Nintendo news? Probably not. And without events like E3 to give you that news, you might never know.

Skipping big events like this only hurts them. They just don't realize that.
---
Sure sign you are a nerd: The beginning of AC/DCs "Thunderstruck" always makes you think of Lion-O swinging his sword around.
#7RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 1:30:58 AM
Sirian_Hawk posted...
1shadetail1 posted...
RahzarX posted...

Nonsense. E3 is about appealing to ALL gamers: new, old, casual, hardcore. It is about attracting customers.

Directs are made for informing current customers. People who aren't already Nintendo fans aren't likely to watch or even know when Nintendo Directs come on. Think about it, if you didn't currently own any Nintendo consoles (handheld or otherwise) do you think you would be heavy into following Nintendo news? Probably not. And without events like E3 to give you that news, you might never know.

Yes but they are going to make announcements and show things that would be the SAME content they would've shown at the conference.

People aren't going to selectively NOT watch the Nintendo Directs just like they wouldn't NOT watch their E3 conference. They want to see the announcements and they know where to see them.

Logic!
---
#8MotiJrPosted 4/30/2013 2:51:10 AM
Sirian_Hawk posted...
1shadetail1 posted...
RahzarX posted...

A real gamer doesn't restrict themselves. A real gamer would watch the Nintendo direct because they have an interest in games. Only fanboys skip it on gaming news because it doesn't go with their allegiance.
#9QuagsireQingPosted 4/30/2013 7:25:30 AM
MotiJr posted...
A real gamer doesn't restrict themselves. A real gamer would watch the Nintendo direct because they have an interest in games. Only fanboys skip it on gaming news because it doesn't go with their allegiance.

I don't know about that. If someone has no interest in a company, they wouldn't want to watch their presentations. When it comes to Microsoft, I usually just get my information from the headlines after the fact.

For the last couple years, I've forced myself to sit through Microsoft's E3 presentations, just for the sake of watching all three major press conferences, but with Nintendo following a different format this year, I might go back to only following them at E3 time (and Sony, for the few legitimately interesting announcements they might have during their too-long show).
---
"Cats...are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
--S. Miyamoto
#10steerepikePosted 4/30/2013 8:30:56 AM
I've been reading bullet-point versions of E3 for several years now. The big three conferences are always ninety percent stuff that I don't really care about. I don't believe that E3 is as important as everybody seems to think it is, and I think it contributes to the "seasonal" release schedules that I believe are a detriment to the industry.

I hear the argument hat Nintendo Directs are just an echo chamber, but can't the same be said for E3 as a whole? Pick a person on the street. (chances are) They don't know what an E3 is. I think most people who seek it out are watching one or two of the conferences because they are a fan of those products.
---
It hurted me...