Gamers will eat their words when they see the new Zelda, Mario, and Metroid

#51Shamrock99(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 10:35:58 AM
Jahkeemyork posted...
New Zelda? Hahaha sorry, after seeing Nintendo fans always hype up the next Zelda for months and then talk about how disappointing it was only a week after release, I kinda just gave up.

Are you saying Zelda on NES, A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker and other Zelda titles were always disappointing? What world are you living in?! Zelda games are almost always excellent, bro. Skward Sword was a little disappointing...so you've completely given up? LOL
---
http://tinyurl.com/c4sed7y | http://tinyurl.com/b59xwvj | http://tinyurl.com/a5heha2
http://www.backloggery.com/Kajicat
#52JahkeemyorkPosted 4/30/2013 12:15:21 PM
Shamrock99 posted...
Jahkeemyork posted...
New Zelda? Hahaha sorry, after seeing Nintendo fans always hype up the next Zelda for months and then talk about how disappointing it was only a week after release, I kinda just gave up.

Are you saying Zelda on NES, A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker and other Zelda titles were always disappointing? What world are you living in?! Zelda games are almost always excellent, bro. Skward Sword was a little disappointing...so you've completely given up? LOL

Ummm Every Zelda after Orcarina of Time I see people always go super hype over it like "THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST GAME EVER OH MY GOD" all over the boards, every single time EVERY SINGLE TIME and then a week after it comes out. "Man this wasn't so good after all." I loved Windwake it's my favorite Zelda, I hated Twilight Princess, I didn't like Skyward Sword that much but it's not about that. It's how absolutely backwards the Zelda fanbase is. To the point it's infamous. People make memes on how Iwata tries to please Zelda fans. Usually along the lines of.

Iwata: Oh people no like windwaker cause too cartoony? me make serious Zelda -twilight princess-
Fans: BOOOO
Iwata: Oh people no like dark zelda and now like toon ? I make zelda that mixes both Twilight Princess and Windwaker!
Iwata: I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WANT

And it's true, Zelda fans are almost as bad as Final Fantasy fans. So whenever I see any Zelda fan trying to hype up a game I can't take it seriously.
#53ExtremelyFatGuyPosted 4/30/2013 12:31:17 PM
nickvd8 posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
HungoverHero777 posted...
lionheart5656 posted...
No they won't.

People who don't like Nintendo don't like their IPs.

A slew of Nintendo IPs isn't going to change their mind.

Talk about getting stupid with arguments.

Then why do the Nintendo haters demand they go third party?

Maybe because they're not necessarily Nintendo haters?

I'm a big Nintendo fan and I like their franchises, but Nintendo going third-party would be the absolute greatest thing to happen to my gaming life. Still cautiously optimistic it'll happen.

No it wouldn't. Nintendo always has a uniqueness about their hardware that defines the types of games they develop. If they were to try and make their games on a Sony or Microsoft platform that would be lost. You think Skyward Sword would of worked on Kinect? No..

And before you say Playstation Move, that would of never existed had Nintendo not gone the motion control route first and succeeded. Nintendo is the driving force of innovation in this industry and anyone that says otherwise is either blind or stupid.

The company that is just now getting HD and acceptable online is the driving force of innovation? LOL!
#54Shamrock99(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 1:23:11 PM(edited)
Jahkeemyork posted...
Shamrock99 posted...
Jahkeemyork posted...

Ummm Every Zelda after Orcarina of Time I see people always go super hype over it like "THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST GAME EVER OH MY GOD" all over the boards, every single time EVERY SINGLE TIME and then a week after it comes out. "Man this wasn't so good after all." I loved Windwake it's my favorite Zelda, I hated Twilight Princess, I didn't like Skyward Sword that much but it's not about that. It's how absolutely backwards the Zelda fanbase is. To the point it's infamous. People make memes on how Iwata tries to please Zelda fans. Usually along the lines of.

Iwata: Oh people no like windwaker cause too cartoony? me make serious Zelda -twilight princess-
Iwata: Oh people no like dark zelda and now like toon ? I make zelda that mixes both Twilight Princess and Windwaker!

And it's true, Zelda fans are almost as bad as Final Fantasy fans. So whenever I see any Zelda fan trying to hype up a game I can't take it seriously.

I see where you are coming from, I suppose, but at the same time what you are describing to me sounds more like the Sonic Cycle.

Really though, you can't blame the fanbase so much when the franchise is one of the most beloved and respected in gaming history. Of course they're going to think the next game in the series is gonna' be great...because they usually are!

"Every Zelda after Orcarina of Time I see people always go super hype over it like "THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST GAME EVER OH MY GOD" all over the boards, every single time EVERY SINGLE TIME and then a week after it comes out. "Man this wasn't so good after all." I loved Windwake it's my favorite Zelda, I hated Twilight Princess, I didn't like Skyward Sword that much"

^
|
|
|

Sounds like you're one of them! You didn't like Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword either, just like the fans you are describing. If Wind Waker was your favorite then surely at some point you had a lot of faith that the following game was going to be spectacular, right?? But then it turns out you hated Twilight Princess.

Really though, it's too bad you gave up on the Zelda series just because your latest experience with Zelda games didn't match the hype created by a GameFAQs message board community. Don't let them decide your fate!
---
http://tinyurl.com/c4sed7y | http://tinyurl.com/b59xwvj | http://tinyurl.com/a5heha2
#55JahkeemyorkPosted 4/30/2013 2:39:53 PM
Shamrock99 posted...
Jahkeemyork posted...
Shamrock99 posted...
Jahkeemyork posted...

I see where you are coming from, I suppose, but at the same time what you are describing to me sounds more like the Sonic Cycle.

Really though, you can't blame the fanbase so much when the franchise is one of the most beloved and respected in gaming history. Of course they're going to think the next game in the series is gonna' be great...because they usually are!

"Every Zelda after Orcarina of Time I see people always go super hype over it like "THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST GAME EVER OH MY GOD" all over the boards, every single time EVERY SINGLE TIME and then a week after it comes out. "Man this wasn't so good after all." I loved Windwake it's my favorite Zelda, I hated Twilight Princess, I didn't like Skyward Sword that much"

^
|
|
|

Sounds like you're one of them! You didn't like Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword either, just like the fans you are describing. If Wind Waker was your favorite then surely at some point you had a lot of faith that the following game was going to be spectacular, right?? But then it turns out you hated Twilight Princess.

Really though, it's too bad you gave up on the Zelda series just because your latest experience with Zelda games didn't match the hype created by a GameFAQs message board community. Don't let them decide your fate!

I made a mistake, I didn't mean I'm done with the Zelda series I worded that wrong. English isn't really my first language obviously, I meant I'm done seeing people hype of Zelda to the ends of the earth and then always come back majorly disappointed. I wouldn't say I didn't like Skyward Sword that it wasn't a fun game, honestly I really enjoyed it, the final boss though was honestly a huge letdown. Twilight Princess I think is the only Zelda that I've played that I genuinely did not like at all.
#56Lefty128kPosted 4/30/2013 2:45:10 PM
Shamrock99 posted...
Everyone's talking s*** about the Wii U now, cuz it straight up ain't got no games...

...but once the first hype footage of the newest Zelda (not Wind Waker HD), Mario, and Metroid games comes out...I think a lot of them will be drooling for it.

Mario with graphics on par or better than Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time?
Zelda with graphics on par or better than Uncharted 3?
Metroid with graphics on par or better than Halo 4?
Earthbound with graphics on par or better than Ni no Kuni?

I know it'll make me think twice...or thrice, about gettin' a Wii U!

None of that will happen.

Nintendo will spend the least amount of money to make these games. Look for low-poly/low-res texture graphics, garish primary/secondary color abuse, and virtually no voice work.
#57Oni_TaedoPosted 4/30/2013 3:05:32 PM
Buretsu posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
When Sony and Microsoft have HD games, they're **** because a game can't be good and HD at the same time, but now suddenly HD is good?

What the flying f*** are you talking about?

I don't believe he even knows what he's talking about.

I do believe the saying goes more like this, TrueBlue,
"If you focus too much on the visuals, you'll have less time to perfectly hone the gameplay mechanics", or something among those lines.

On topic with the TC,
While I have no doubt in my mind the next Zelda will be astounding (going back to classic 3D style Zelda, with no motion controls utilizing the Wiimote), and the next Mario will probably be the best in the series, and the next Metroid couldn't possibly be as bad as Other M, but I said that about Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage, and look how that game's sequel turned out.

I don't think Nintendo will be going the usual route with any of those.
I feel that the next Zelda may be quite different from what we're used to.
I mean, they promised that Skyward Sword would break the formula a little, and it did, they delivered on that promise.
So, I don't doubt the next Zelda, Mario, and Metroid will be awesome.

We need something new, though. Something... drastic. Something, that when it comes out, people will instantly look at it, and say, "This is Nintendo?!"
Something so incredibly unexpected, and out of the ordinary, that people will crap themselves in glee from the teaser trailer.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
#58TrstTheLordPosted 4/30/2013 4:33:35 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
Buretsu posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
When Sony and Microsoft have HD games, they're **** because a game can't be good and HD at the same time, but now suddenly HD is good?

"If you focus too much on the visuals, you'll have less time to perfectly hone the gameplay mechanics", or something among those lines.

On topic with the TC,
While I have no doubt in my mind the next Zelda will be astounding (going back to classic 3D style Zelda, with no motion controls utilizing the Wiimote), and the next Mario will probably be the best in the series, and the next Metroid couldn't possibly be as bad as Other M, but I said that about Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage, and look how that game's sequel turned out.

I mean, they promised that Skyward Sword would break the formula a little, and it did, they delivered on that promise.

We need something new, though. Something... drastic. Something, that when it comes out, people will instantly look at it, and say, "This is Nintendo?!"
Something so incredibly unexpected, and out of the ordinary, that people will crap themselves in glee from the teaser trailer.

Star Tropics 3
---
Got married May 23,2009
http://www.polarbearsinternational.org Save thePolarBears!
#59Shamrock99(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 8:27:51 PM
Lefty128k posted...
Shamrock99 posted...
Everyone's talking s*** about the Wii U now, cuz it straight up ain't got no games...

...but once the first hype footage of the newest Zelda (not Wind Waker HD), Mario, and Metroid games comes out...I think a lot of them will be drooling for it.

Mario with graphics on par or better than Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time?
Zelda with graphics on par or better than Uncharted 3?
Metroid with graphics on par or better than Halo 4?
Earthbound with graphics on par or better than Ni no Kuni?

I know it'll make me think twice...or thrice, about gettin' a Wii U!

None of that will happen.

Nintendo will spend the least amount of money to make these games. Look for low-poly/low-res texture graphics, garish primary/secondary color abuse, and virtually no voice work.

In this day and age, I don't think Nintendo can afford to put out low-poly, low-res games. They took so much ridicule for doing that with the Wii when competing with PS3 and 360...I don't think gamers will allow it to happen again, especially when competing against PS4 and Durango. They did fine pushing polygons and textures with N64 vs. PS1 and Saturn, and again with GCN vs. DC, PS2, and Xbox. I think they'll be giving us full on PS3-quality visuals for the next installments of their major franchises. Games like Mario are cartoony in design, so it probably won't have normal mapping on the skin but it'll still be incredibly Pixar-like. A game like Metroid could use normal mapping though, since it aims to be more realistic.
---
#60Shamrock99(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 8:28:11 PM
TrstTheLord posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
Buretsu posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...

On topic with the TC,

Star Tropics 3

YES.
I've been saying that for some time now.
Imagine if they released some crazy-ass trailer and it turns out it's StarTropics 3, with FFXIII quality visuals. Yikes. I'd probably buy a Wii U then lol
---