Now that the Wii U has been hacked. Will sales improve?

#1devastatorX2Posted 4/30/2013 5:48:47 AM
It has been hacked by the same people that hacked the Wii.

I don't see it improving hardware sales but the average wii owner only owned about 5 games for it.

---
Friends don't let friends be Leaf fans.
#2thanthenPosted 4/30/2013 5:50:46 AM
oh it will have a hardware sale bump no doubt.
---
Rock is fine, scissors are overpowered.
-paper
#3oshawott4everPosted 4/30/2013 5:55:04 AM
Sounds great for Wii U indie developers
#4Phasmatis92Posted 4/30/2013 5:56:24 AM
devastatorX2 posted...
the average wii owner only owned about 5 games for it.

The average Wii owner had 8 games.
---
I'm a promiscuous gamer; Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, and none of them know I'm cheating on them.
#5BearpowersPosted 4/30/2013 6:10:53 AM
Hopefully it's 100% cracked open and cannot be patched or anything.

Nintendo killing the WiiU and starting off with a newer, better console would be nice.

This coming from a WiiU owner.
#6JumpmandkPosted 4/30/2013 7:03:33 AM
I may buy one now, but sadly this news really doesn't change my current opinions on the WiiU.

I would still have to spend over 400+ dollars(system and hack device), and there are still no games I would want, even for "free". I think this is the only system over the last 20 years I can say that about.

I'm expecting to see Mario, Zelda, MK, ect at E3, but I'm getting to the point where 1 or 2 great "N" games just isn't enough anymore. Smash bros has never been my cup of tea, and MK is just beyond annoying to me now.

3D Mario & Zelda games are beyond awesome, but I can't justify a WiiU purchase for 2 games(well, maybe 3, I'm a Bayonetta fan also).

I can see this news improving sells slightly, as there are those out there who live for "hacked" consoles, but with WiiU's lack of quality games, I really can't see this helping "N" overall lackluster sales. If anything, this will just be more of an issue for them in the long run.
#7Schwepps01Posted 4/30/2013 7:08:19 AM
Well if Nintendo doesn't want to have any games on their systems, at least now the homebrew devs have a chance.
#8ThugETHPosted 4/30/2013 7:14:30 AM(edited)
It won't boost sales much when there are no games to pirate.
Third parties will steer well clear now and Ninty will continue to make games knowing they will be pirated before they are even in store.
RIP WiiU, nice try but in the end you couldn't compete.
---
[1:04pm] <R33P3R> how can a game be epic on a phone?
#9mmc2679Posted 4/30/2013 7:14:15 AM
Don't really matter to me. I will still be buying the original Wii U games so I can display them on my shelf. The only ones that I would be willing to sacrifice are the Wii games. Though I already have the two I most wanted (original copies, mind you): Xenoblade and Fire Emblem.
---
PSN ID: Mustq
Wii U ID: Crimson
#10XFactor1Posted 4/30/2013 7:14:51 AM
If you enjoy something, you should pay for it instead of stealing it. If you don't want to pay for it then you should go without it.

Stealing somebody else's hard work is not fair or justifiable.

Jumpmandk posted...
I may buy one now, but sadly this news really doesn't change my current opinions on the WiiU.

I would still have to spend over 400+ dollars(system and hack device), and there are still no games I would want, even for "free". I think this is the only system over the last 20 years I can say that about.

I'm expecting to see Mario, Zelda, MK, ect at E3, but I'm getting to the point where 1 or 2 great "N" games just isn't enough anymore. Smash bros has never been my cup of tea, and MK is just beyond annoying to me now.

3D Mario & Zelda games are beyond awesome, but I can't justify a WiiU purchase for 2 games(well, maybe 3, I'm a Bayonetta fan also).

I can see this news improving sells slightly, as there are those out there who live for "hacked" consoles, but with WiiU's lack of quality games, I really can't see this helping "N" overall lackluster sales. If anything, this will just be more of an issue for them in the long run.

---
--