What do you think Retro's new game is? Post your theories

#1fhsfootball74Posted 4/30/2013 8:08:13 AM(edited)
See title. - Results (144 votes)
Something Metroid related
38.89% (56 votes)
FPS
7.64% (11 votes)
RPG
2.78% (4 votes)
Racing/ Mario Kart
4.17% (6 votes)
Action Adventure
20.14% (29 votes)
Sports
0.69% (1 votes)
Fighter
3.47% (5 votes)
RTS
0.69% (1 votes)
Survival Horror
6.94% (10 votes)
something else
14.58% (21 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Mine is a long shot, but I'd like to see them do a new Eternal Darkness, they aren't the original studio but they'd do a damn fine job imo. Either that or a new IP all together.
---
Blue Jackets, Columbus Crew, Reds, Bengals, Buckeyes
PSN-Fhsfootball74 NNID- returnoftheryan
#2cucumberkingPosted 4/30/2013 8:08:11 AM
Stur Fax
---
Youtube: MilkmanYeti PSN Milkmanyeti or ThePantsCougar NintendoID: Milkmanyeti
#3IcedEarthaholicPosted 4/30/2013 8:08:31 AM
I feel it is definitely going to be M-rated, and appealing to the core gamer for sure. Retro seems to know how to nail atmosphere down to a tee. I feel it might be survival horror based, a new Eternal Darkness is not too far fetched a possibility here.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#4fhsfootball74(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 8:08:43 AM
cucumberking posted...
Stur Fax

Ster Fergs!
---
#5usaamahlinkPosted 4/30/2013 8:14:58 AM
I think itll be a Star Fox third person shooter.. somewhat in the vein of Assault, but vastly improved. I think it can be the perfect game if done right. I loved Assaults multiplayer, even though it was somewhat shallow. If they improved on that and made the world more polished and more fleshed out wed have something special.
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Fire Emblem (GBA), Xenoblade Chronicles, F-Zero GX. SSB Brawl <-(always)
#6fhsfootball74(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 8:17:44 AM
usaamahlink posted...
I think itll be a Star Fox third person shooter.. somewhat in the vein of Assault, but vastly improved. I think it can be the perfect game if done right. I loved Assaults multiplayer, even though it was somewhat shallow. If they improved on that and made the world more polished and more fleshed out wed have something special.

That could be very cool if done right. That gets me thinking, what if they did a follow up to Star Fox Adventures? or am I the only one that liked that game? lol
---
#7DoomsSDPosted 4/30/2013 8:25:47 AM(edited)
usaamahlink posted...

Oh god no. I prefer my Star Fox games when they're space combat. I hate to sound closed minded over a franchise branching out, but I think there are other Nintendo games that lend themselves better to being a 3rd Person shooter *cough*Metroid*cough* than Star Fox. Not that I'd even want Metroid being 3rd Person either as I preferred the Prime series.

Nintendo doesn't really have any other space combat type games, and I'd really like to see them simply expand and improve on the series using the Star Wing/Star Fox games as the starting point than try and cram in the onfoot/3rd person elements again.

Would love the project to be a Prime game, that would make my day. A good quality, exploration/FPS would be a breathe of fresh air from all the badly done/bland military dudebro FPS's.
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
#8-NotoriousLynxPosted 4/30/2013 8:26:24 AM
Mach Rider reboot

Before the Metroid Prime trilogy, Retro had a number of projects they were working on, one of which was a vehicular combat game (the genre games like Twisted Metal are a part of). The game was referred to as "Car Combat" and "Thunder Rally". It mixed together Quake World, Twisted Metal, and Mario Kart 64, with shades of Mad Max and Street Fighter II. I think it would be perfect to turn what was "Thunder Rally" into a Mach Rider reboot. I mean, Mach Rider already has a lot of Mad Max-esque imagery and is like a vehicular combat game already.
#9fhsfootball74(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 9:00:44 AM
bump
---
#10Jacob46719Posted 4/30/2013 10:04:22 AM
fhsfootball74 posted...
cucumberking posted...
Stur Fax

Ster Fergs!

Metroid Fox!
---
Currently Playing: Skyrim, Littlebigplanet 2, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, 007 Legends, StarCraft 2