anyone else hoping for a realistic zelda?

#1kingbadjoPosted 4/30/2013 10:12:53 AM
Although I love the art style of windwaker (but not so much skyward sword), I'd like to see a realistic zelda like twilight princess. Nintendo has finally decided to go HD and with a system stronger than PS3/360 I want a realistic Zelda game. They have enough other games that they can make cartoony/artistic (mario/yoshi/kirby all that other cut stuff) but only 2 (metroid and zelda) that should be realistic. Plus an HD remake of Wind Waker is coming and they KNOW how much people get excited for a realistic Zelda game.
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#2playboydojoPosted 4/30/2013 10:19:44 AM
No. Toon has always been the more appropriate look for the whimsical nature of Zelda, and there are plenty of other games with a realistic look.
---
...and then I said, "Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!"
#3Beatperson14Posted 4/30/2013 10:25:11 AM
I still like Wind Waker the best so no. However they'd have to be pretty dumb to not utilize their new HD console for realism, so expect it to be more like the newer realistic ones.
#4kingbadjo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 10:27:43 AM
Beatperson14 posted...
I still like Wind Waker the best so no. However they'd have to be pretty dumb to not utilize their new HD console for realism, so expect it to be more like the newer realistic ones.

like skyward sword?? Man I hated that art style..... Maybe it'll look better in hd :/
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#5rafiiillaPosted 4/30/2013 10:30:55 AM
I'm impartial for a TP or a SS artstyle, I liked both. But I would prefer to see a completely new artstyle on this new iteration, I know Nintendo can deliver something new

Anyone can make something realistic (it only takes hard 'brute-work'), but it requires somebody really skilled and creative to implement a new artstyle. We have seen new styles with each Zelda iteration (except OoT/MM), at least on consoles, I would rather have them continue this trend, bring a new visual environment for a new Zelda
---
NNID: rafiiilla
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk3xxrWmyk1qj8d3jo1_500.gif
#6ThugETHPosted 4/30/2013 10:49:18 AM
They'll never go full on realism as it will lose the kiddie market.
---
[1:04pm] <R33P3R> how can a game be epic on a phone?
#7McMarblesPosted 4/30/2013 11:02:50 AM
No. Oh, god, no. That'd be a terrible idea.
---
Currently playing: Tales of the Abyss (3DS version), Pushmo, Zelda: Link's Awakening
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#8Ryan SiPosted 4/30/2013 11:23:09 AM
A realistic, epic new Zelda that looks like the E3 tech demo has the potential to sell systems to people who aren't Nintendo fans or who hadn't considered buying a Wii U. It has cross-system appeal.

Another Celda or Disney Presents LinkPan and the series will once again (SS was the only relevant Wii game released that entire year and hardly made a whimper in the gaming world) be ignored by the majority of gamers and only sell to people who already own a Wii U.
#9The_BoredomsPosted 4/30/2013 11:31:06 AM
I want one where Link has to eat, poop, and experience sexual release periodically or he dies.
#10shinra35800Posted 4/30/2013 11:37:11 AM(edited)
I love realistic zeldas better than the cartoony ones. Both play fine, but I'm a realistic kinda guy. It was pretty odd for skyward sword seeing cartoony monsters with realistic ppl. I wouldn't mind a new aged realistic game that looks and plays like zelda 2 nes though.

I wish the new 3DS one was a realistic link with overhead view instead of a MegaBloks link.