anyone else hoping for a realistic zelda?

#31Phasmatis92Posted 5/1/2013 8:47:24 AM
I hope so, toon Zelda looks horrid.
---
I'm a promiscuous gamer; Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, and none of them know I'm cheating on them.
#32usaamahlinkPosted 5/1/2013 8:56:56 AM
I think well get something that is an effective mash up of the HD visuals from the demo (basically Twilight Princess in higher resolution) and Skyward Sword's stylization.
Nintendo stylizes all of their games, it makes them appeal prettier and more polished without actually having the higher resolutions of many games today, so I think well see a slightly stylized (not as much as Skyward Sword) HD rendering of Link in this game.

Also: http://wiiudaily.com/2012/09/wii-u-zelda-game-coming-2014/
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Fire Emblem (GBA), Xenoblade Chronicles, F-Zero GX. SSB Brawl <-(always)
#33_Sovereign_Posted 5/1/2013 9:53:44 AM
Ryan Si posted...
NCPwn posted...
playboydojo posted...
Soanevalcke6 posted...

"Link is supposed to be my avatar so it wouldn't make sense for any characters to be voice acted"

I gives a s*** whether or not the other characters speak. Which is why I didn't say anything about them.

But Link damn sure better not.

No voice acting is getting old and dated fast. I noticed this while playing SS, coming from a zelda fan since the original, played it on the original NES. And constantly play every zelda game in different spurts of the year.

Not every game has to have voice acting, but in a grand action/adventure game like Zelda, it's part of the reason the games are feeling more and more dated (that and stale formulas).

Link doesn't have to speak, but the rest of the world should feel and sound alive like every other modern game in the genre. Not bringing voices to the world (outside of Link) in the next major console installment is just either laziness or incompetence on Nintendo's part.

I've actually seen numerous people post that they don't want voice acting because Nintendo couldn't find good voice actors....that's their defense.....it's a poor one and nothing more than an excuse.

I view it as people are becoming too lazy to read....that notion is backed up by games becoming easier to play....

I mostly prefer no voice acting, considering how few good ones their are. Developers seem to pick from the bottom of the barrel if it's not for the main character(s) so why would you want to hear a bunch of no talent hacks trying to speak in a mystical british/aussie accent??
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#34link0316Posted 5/1/2013 10:36:45 AM
I would love to see an HD TP art style on this system.
---
GT : Zom6iesRPeople2
#35xChaosLordxPosted 5/1/2013 10:37:43 AM
Yeah, on the PS4.
#36ChipChippersonPosted 5/1/2013 11:27:38 AM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
playboydojo posted...
Lefty128k posted...

It's the cheapest way Nintendo can make the game. That's why little to no voice-acting in Nintendo titles as well, but I'm sure you'd argue that dialogue boxes are more appropriate for the whimsical nature of Zelda.

No. I'd say since Link is supposed to be my avatar, I don't want to f***ing hear the character speak.

It's the same problem I had when I heard Hawke was going to be voiced in DA2...of course, there were a ton of problems I had with DA2.

"Link is supposed to be my avatar so it wouldn't make sense for any characters to be voice acted"

Is this the backwards logic every Anti-VA in Zelda person uses?

It's 2013, silent protagonists are stupid and lazy. Not once in my almost 30 years of gaming have I ever looked at a character as representing myself other than games like Fallout where it's the point.. All of that seemed noble and cool when tech was bleeps and bloops but these days it's just lazy; give Link a bloody voice already. .
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#37esehomie14Posted 5/1/2013 11:29:06 AM
I do. They should stop with the cartoon style already.
#38nasumiPosted 5/1/2013 11:29:50 AM
My hope is that Nintendo breaks the mold on the next Zelda. I don't want a copy of Skrym, or anything else, something fresh that shows that next leap.
#39usaamahlinkPosted 5/1/2013 11:31:10 AM
nasumi posted...
My hope is that Nintendo breaks the mold on the next Zelda. I don't want a copy of Skrym, or anything else, something fresh that shows that next leap.

Thats what Im expecting.. with what Aonuma said last Nintendo Direct.
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Fire Emblem (GBA), Xenoblade Chronicles, F-Zero GX. SSB Brawl <-(always)