So is the Wii U a powerful machine or not?

#11Jaime_BennPosted 4/30/2013 11:55:22 AM
Graphics ratings:

PC > PS3 > WiiU > 360

WiiU comes after 360 because it is graphically superior.

WiiU comes before PS3 because it is slightly graphically inferior visual wise. The lacking of textures and effects in certain areas also hold it at this position. And of course the censorship is another. PS3 has the bluray to keep it at the top of the console race which can add to the graphics without even having superior hardware.

Then, you know that pc is on top. Can actually be placed anywhere in the line considering hardware can vary. But PC and 360 are both microsoft so, there shouldn't be in debate on this piece.

Either way, WiiU shouldn't even be compared to next gen considered if it was current gen. If bluray was on WiiU, then it may have a chance to be next gen. But bluray is sony so....

LOL what is this?
---
According to Pachter, my i5 and 7850 is weak :(
#12shinra35800Posted 4/30/2013 11:56:30 AM
Jaime_Benn posted...
Graphics ratings:

PC > PS3 > WiiU > 360

WiiU comes after 360 because it is graphically superior.

WiiU comes before PS3 because it is slightly graphically inferior visual wise. The lacking of textures and effects in certain areas also hold it at this position. And of course the censorship is another. PS3 has the bluray to keep it at the top of the console race which can add to the graphics without even having superior hardware.

Then, you know that pc is on top. Can actually be placed anywhere in the line considering hardware can vary. But PC and 360 are both microsoft so, there shouldn't be in debate on this piece.

Either way, WiiU shouldn't even be compared to next gen considered if it was current gen. If bluray was on WiiU, then it may have a chance to be next gen. But bluray is sony so....

LOL what is this?

ain't even gonna argue because i know what truth is.
#13chickabumpbumpPosted 4/30/2013 11:59:45 AM
haha No

Dont listen to these fan boy morons above going on that " its more powerful because I said so "

Go onto websites and read the reports, its like three Wii's glued together. Its a woeful machine in comparison to ps3 and 360 and its gimmicks and lack of support is showing why its already dying as a console.
#14P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 4/30/2013 12:01:18 PM
The Wii U is factually stronger than the PS3 and 360.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Rayman Legends
#15AndoMikePosted 4/30/2013 12:02:53 PM
Besides basing opinions of power strictly going by the released spec details; nobody knows just how powerful the WiiU is. Until developers learn to fully utilize the architecture of the WiiU, we won't see what it can really do. To just say that it is underpowered based off specs doesn't say much. The architecture of console hardware does not work like a PC. You cant make the generalization that since system 'X' has the newest processor it is clearly better than system 'Y'

Also, choosing which game to play based on the console power or how nice a game looks is the silliest concept to me. Gameplay >>>>>>> Graphics. There are way more 8-bit classic games I would rather play than a lot of the HD nonsense that gets released these days.
---
NNID: AndoMike
PSN: AndoMike
#16DiscostewSMPosted 4/30/2013 12:03:12 PM
shinra35800 posted...
ain't even gonna argue because i know what truth is.

WiiU comes after 360

WiiU comes before PS3

PC > PS3 > WiiU > 360

---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#17shinra35800Posted 4/30/2013 12:09:23 PM(edited)
@Pandaman: And 360 is factually stronger than the ps3 and yet PS3 looks better because of bluray leveling out the specs. Nobody is debating hardware. That's why I said visually wise. It may have the more recent hardware, but there is nothing out as of now that surpasses the PS3.

chickabumpbump posted...
haha No

Dont listen to these fan boy morons above going on that " its more powerful because I said so "

Stop stealing my line.
#18shinra35800Posted 4/30/2013 12:08:28 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#19PigfartsPosted 4/30/2013 12:10:52 PM
shinra35800 posted...
oops. read that wrong :P

He was calling you out on syntax, you have your before and afters mixxed up. Also I'm not a techy but bluray doesn't add any graphically value its just a storage media that can hold more data. One super great game on 1 bluray isnt going to look better if played off 4 DVD, or 100 CD, or from a USB stick.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#20DemonDog666Posted 4/30/2013 12:12:31 PM
If it released in 2006 it would be very powerful. Let's put it that way.