Wii U is hacked, this is the new Dreamcast.

#31recollectmusicPosted 4/30/2013 12:24:54 PM
Just saying, I've yet to see any proof that the Wii U was hacked.
---
Pokemon Black FC - 3482 6679 3025
#32shinra35800Posted 4/30/2013 12:26:26 PM
recollectmusic posted...
Just saying, I've yet to see any proof that the Wii U was hacked.

was hacked multiple times. not just today. google will assist you with that.
#33P4wn4g3Posted 4/30/2013 12:27:18 PM
shinra35800 posted...
P4wn4g3 posted...
Doesn't sound like a great hack. It's nothing along the lines of homebrew anyway.

which hack are you referring to?

I know there are many, but I was referring to the recent one that allows you to play games via usb.

Yeah that one. There's no software to support it that I know of, or at least I don't think the software would be easy to install at this point. I haven't really checked out the U's homebrew scene in a couple of months, but there was nothing for the U part of the Wii U that I saw last. Hacking a port without hacking software too won't be incredibly useful even for piracy, especially seeing as there aren't even many games. Besides, most people have a homebrewed Wii from what I can tell, so I'm guessing they will have to offer some unique things for the U's hacks in order for that to become more mainstream. I'm fairly surprised this made the news on Gamespot.
---
This is my serious face.
#34New LinkPosted 4/30/2013 12:30:03 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#35GeassMasterPosted 4/30/2013 12:31:28 PM
Under this basis it will be more like the Wii situation,without the help of casual boom this time, where the only games that will do well are the ones that people wouldn't bother to pirate(casual-ware, shovelware,Nintendo games) Good games will suffer though, I feel sorry for whatever niche/hardcore 3rd party dev that makes a Wii U exclusive.

This won't help the 3rd party situation either since no 3rd party dev will want to support the Wii U, even if Nintendo massively money hats said game.

TBH this is the fastest system to be hacked this efficiently. If right now it only runs for proper back-ups. It's a short time(months now) till it'll be fully opened for homebrew and other applications.
---
Now Playing: FotNS: Ken's Rage 2,Battlefield 3(PC), Atelier Totori+ , Ninja Gaiden Sigma+, Drakengard,Sengoku Basara HD Collection
I Have A Huge Backlog.
#36P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 4/30/2013 12:31:32 PM
shinra35800 posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
shinra35800 posted...
It's kinda funny because nintendo disabled the ability to remove the usb drive when the console is on to prevent the same thing and yet it happened anyway.

Nintendo made it so that any USB put in has to be formatted to work on the console. In turn, no computer can read the USB drive.

They also made it so that if you try to take out a thumb drive during the wii u being on, that it will give you an error and you will have to reset the wii u. And this is without using anything in the thumb drive (so I've heard and seen on videos. dont own a wii u (yet)).

Hu. I did not know that. Haven't needed a USB yet.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Rayman Legends
#37UponADarkThornePosted 4/30/2013 12:34:09 PM
Ryan Si posted...
How lame do you have to be to consistently use "pony" as an insult? Freaking pathetic....are you guys members of the Apple-Dumpling Gang or something?

About as lame as you have to be to use Nintendrone

Anyway, wouldn't the way it was hacked actually increase console sales?
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#38EoinPosted 4/30/2013 12:38:43 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Nintendo made it so that any USB put in has to be formatted to work on the console. In turn, no computer can read the USB drive.

The hackers claim that they have hacked the Wii U's file system and encryption system. If that's true (and there is no reason to doubt them) then it renders that security feature useless.
#39Felicia_catladyPosted 4/30/2013 12:48:20 PM(edited)
Lets see:

-The Nes had billions of pirated carts... in fact, in some countries, it was easier to find a pirated cart than an original one. Less than one year after the Nes was released, even the region lock was easy to circumvent (by using cheap and easy to find adapters). Yet, the Nes was a success for YEARS, and even made the more powerful Master System seem like a joke;

-The Snes was pirated the first year it was released. Pirated carts looked rough around the edges, but where easy to find... and cheap. Yet, the Snes was a HUGE success for MANY years, even after the 32 bit machines where around;

-The Playstation was VERY easy to pirate. On the first few months, people where already playing pirated games by using the swap trick, and after one year, mod chips where a reality already. The Playstation was a huge success anyway;

-The Dreamcast was a huge success in the begining. The problem is that Sega pulled the plug on it too soon, specially after spending so much money with Shenmue (the game was so expensive to make that even if every DC owner bought one copy, the game would still represent a financial loss). Hacks didn't kill the Dreamcast, Sega did;

-The Wii was hacked very early on its lifespan, and was the easiest 128 bit console to play pirated games. Yet, the Wii sold VERY well.

-The GBA was hacked quite early too. Not only that, but its games where TOO easy to dumb. And a emulator appeared even before the console hit the USA. Yet, the GBA was a success.

Yeah, Nintendo is DOOMED. /Sarcasm.
---
Marcy.
:3
#40GoombaXPosted 4/30/2013 12:57:09 PM
A lot of pony ignorance in this topic
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Injustice, MvC 2, SMW