Wasn't the whole purpose of releasing Wii U early, to build up an install base?

#1SquidbilliesPosted 4/30/2013 10:38:54 AM
Y'know, get a head start on the competition? But you can't get a head start without new games!
#2kingbadjoPosted 4/30/2013 10:40:21 AM
It was to get money from the holiday sales without interference of competitors (PS4/720) and it worked.
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#3Beatperson14Posted 4/30/2013 10:40:32 AM
And they aren't even making a splash at E3 because of how ashamed they are

Hilarious
#4kingbadjoPosted 4/30/2013 10:44:35 AM
Beatperson14 posted...

Hilarious

Look at your own post. Does it make sense to you? Do you see how you spun you're own beliefs into a fact and then find it funny? I know you know why they aren't having a big thing at E3 because it's said alot on this board. So why make up you're own facts? Is it bait to get the fanboys pissed? Well please stop. I would like to have a topic with actual discussion and not just arguing.
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#5Jaime_BennPosted 4/30/2013 10:44:36 AM
You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance
---
According to Pachter, my i5 and 7850 is weak :(
#6icarus231Posted 4/30/2013 10:45:29 AM
Beatperson14 posted...

Hilarious

You keep posting about E3 what part of they are going to be there do you not comprehend. They just are doing different stuff instead of a long boring presentaion.
#7icarus231Posted 4/30/2013 10:50:17 AM
The plan was to get the system out, start getting some games going and see if there were any issues before they started going all out. They have been fixing the issues and preparing for this holiday with the system sellers. The only issue they ran into was they underestimated the resources needed to finish some of the games to their level of quality. All things that can be fixed.
#8shinra35800Posted 4/30/2013 10:55:02 AM
I think they didnt talk at E3 because they had nothing new to show because they are being overworked in making much more 1st party titles than the other companies because they lack 3rd party support. Sony and Microsoft don't even have to stress about 1st party stuff because 3rd party keeps them going without having to do much.
#9SlimeSwayzePosted 4/30/2013 11:00:25 AM
kingbadjo posted...
It was to get money from the holiday sales without interference of competitors (PS4/720) and it worked.

They don't make money from selling hardware as much as they make it from selling software. It may turn out that releasing the console nearly a year before they had enough software to really support it will end up costing them much more in the long run.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#10djrudenPosted 4/30/2013 11:02:04 AM
Instead of gettng on stage and talking about what they having coming out like MS and Sony will be doing, Nintendo will have demos set up for people to PLAY the games they having coming out.

Sounds like Beatperson14 would rather just watch a video of a new game than actually play it, or at least receive reviews from people that played it. Personally I prefer the latter.