Was seventh generation a disapointment?

#1HammerBrozPosted 4/30/2013 12:19:58 PM
It was for me. Something was off, even the better games this gen didn't really impress me. I got bored with them quickly and replugged my SNES.
#2trenkenPosted 4/30/2013 12:22:49 PM
Yes. Its my lease favorite gen. Casual gaming really started getting popular, gimmicky controls, so many safe sequels due to rising costs of making games now, and so few truly original amazing games.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#3TheRedneck14Posted 4/30/2013 12:31:16 PM
The first half of last gen was much better than the second half.
---
Supreme Overlord of the Generation 90's board http://i.imgur.com/WELMvY7.png
Please call me Joe, I dislike my username on here.
#4Jaime_BennPosted 4/30/2013 12:31:16 PM
Not for me. I enjoyed the 2D fighting game genre revival.
---
According to Pachter, my i5 and 7850 is weak :(
#5Lightning_fanPosted 4/30/2013 12:38:50 PM
trenken posted...
Yes. Its my lease favorite gen. Casual gaming really started getting popular, gimmicky controls, so many safe sequels due to rising costs of making games now, and so few truly original amazing games.

Rising development costs, lead to less risks. I would say that while mechanically many games have played it safe... In terms of art direction, story telling, etc. this generation has been pretty good.

Indie games have become far more abundant if originality is what you are after. Typically big budget productions, whether they be movies, musical numbers, etc. borrow from what many previous smaller works have established.
#6knuxnolePosted 4/30/2013 12:39:29 PM
trenken posted...

Get used to it. It's the future of gaming.

After all, there is very little to no original games anyway. Which makes tons of sense, everything is gonna be recycled one way or another. Besides, casuals control the gaming market, so us gamers NEED to understand that their needs come first.
---
3DS FC: 4554-0309-4782
#7New LinkPosted 4/30/2013 12:45:01 PM
For the most part it was. There were a few key 360 titles I really enjoyed, but other than that my Wii by far got the most use between its good lineup (ended up with 47 retail Wii games,) the VC, and Gamecube backwards compatibility I really enjoyed that system.

The previous generation was much better though IMHO, with the GCN, Xbox, and PS2 -- all great systems to own with stellar libraries.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#8Crazy_tank51Posted 4/30/2013 12:45:04 PM
trenken posted...

I know right? What the hell was Sony thinking? All those FPS clones, that stupid Move and Wonderbook, and all those lazy sequels to GoW and Killzone.
---
Not changing this sig until I have enough time, incentive, and attention span large enough to change this sig.
#9NamcoMuseum2Posted 4/30/2013 1:10:01 PM
Crazy_tank51 posted...
trenken posted...

I know right? What the hell was Sony thinking? All those FPS clones, that stupid Move and Wonderbook, and all those lazy sequels to GoW and Killzone.

*facepalm*

Anyways, at first, the 7th gen was actually comparably great to gens 5 and 6 at first. It just wasn't until really late into gen 7 when things got bad.
---
RobJ23 (the ultimate Nintendo apologist) = defeated
Here's why: http://s16.postimg.org/szvsebqw5/Rob_J23_exposed.jpg
#10NeoSamuelPosted 4/30/2013 1:11:50 PM
Seventh Gen had a nice number of games I enjoyed. The two Wii Rune Factorys, Fable 2, Catherine, and LOZ Twilight Princess to name a few.

My least favorate generation looking back was gen 5 (N64, PS1) which looking back I only liked a tiny fraction of the games (DK64, Conkers bad fur day, FF7)
---
I am the Black Mage! I casts the spells that makes the peoples fall down!