Question about Wii U Virtual Console

#1Duke___Posted 4/30/2013 11:51:48 AM
I thought games released on Wii U's Virtual Console that you already had on the Wii VC were supposed to be discounted? I have Super Mario World already and i see it was released and it's 7.99.

i assumed that was the discount price but then i saw F-Zero for the same price, a game i've never bought.

Anyone else having the same problem?
#2New LinkPosted 4/30/2013 11:53:19 AM
Did you transfer you Wii data to your Wii U? That's a prereq.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#3Duke___(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 12:11:52 PM
ahhh no.

i traded my wii in when i got my wii u. i just figured it they were all connected to my club nintendo account it would still work. luckily i didn't buy much off VC with my wii.
#4New LinkPosted 4/30/2013 12:25:12 PM
Yeah you do the system transfer to get all your VC games and saves from wii to wii u, and then you can upgrade the vc games from the wii vc (built in) to the wii u vc.

If you happen to purchase any titles on the Wii VC inside the Wii Menu on the Wii U which aren't yet available for the Wii U VC -- should they become available you will get the discount just the same.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#5Nin3DSFanPosted 4/30/2013 5:19:06 PM
Er... Club Nintendo was never once connected to the Wii was it?
---
Gentlemen, we tnodah now!
#6Dark_guyverPosted 4/30/2013 5:29:03 PM
Ok, since I bought Mega Man in the Wii menu of the Wii U, when it comes out this Thursday that means I should be able to transfer it to the Wii U and play it on the gamepad right?
---
NNID: deadly_force_01
#7Aaron44126Posted 4/30/2013 6:03:22 PM
Nin3DSFan posted...

It sure was. I remember putting my credentials in when I first got the Wii, and those game surveys sure did pile into my account whenever I bought something.
#8Rival_Blue_1999Posted 4/30/2013 9:22:07 PM
aaronkelley posted...
Nin3DSFan posted...

It sure was. I remember putting my credentials in when I first got the Wii, and those game surveys sure did pile into my account whenever I bought something.

*facepalm* Thats a reward system. Not a universal account download system.
---
Nintendo Network: Jon_14
#9TalentedMPosted 4/30/2013 9:24:09 PM
Dark_guyver posted...
Ok, since I bought Mega Man in the Wii menu of the Wii U, when it comes out this Thursday that means I should be able to transfer it to the Wii U and play it on the gamepad right?

You will have to upgrade it, but yeah once it is released on the WiiU VC you can play it on the gamepad.

You could have just waited and gotten it on the VC for WiiU.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#10Lum_YatsuraPosted 5/1/2013 1:46:17 AM(edited)
VC downloads on the Wii were tied to exactly ONE single console. No sharing or user account.

If you lost, sold, or otherwise broke that Wii, Nintendo held the sole discretion to run their transfer program.
---
What's the buzz? A high voltage positive ion attack!? Chaaa!