Was there really a point in making the Wiiu HD?

#1Pokerkid777Posted 4/30/2013 4:48:27 PM
So far this so called "high-definition" hasn't exactly been the best of things to do. As we have been seeing, several companies making hd games still have not even been able to break even with the costs associated of making the game filled with graphical fidelity. Rather it seems more of a waste of time, money, and a determinate to time that could be spent on improving gameplay. Anyone agree?
---
Tennis is the sport for gods I tell you. MOTHER****ING GODS!
#2MilesTeg420Posted 4/30/2013 4:50:48 PM
Yeah there was. So the games don't look like poo on every TV out there.
#3b1gt0nePosted 4/30/2013 4:50:52 PM
lol
#4_Pingu_Posted 4/30/2013 4:50:53 PM
HD just means higher resolution. Doesn't mean it's going to be considerably better looking games. I have some game on my iPod that plays in HD, yet take away the HD and an N64 could run it. HD is good. My Wii looks pretty damn bad on an HDTV, even with component cables. Making a game run in HD doesn't take away from development time.
---
Be happy and stuff
#5RetroFanGirlPosted 4/30/2013 5:10:07 PM
HD doesn't add to costs of development, the assets HD games need to look best do. You can still make a bad looking game HD...
---
Hi.
#6DBPanterAPosted 4/30/2013 5:52:38 PM
Pokerkid777 posted...
So far this so called "high-definition" hasn't exactly been the best of things to do. As we have been seeing, several companies making hd games still have not even been able to break even with the costs associated of making the game filled with graphical fidelity. Rather it seems more of a waste of time, money, and a determinate to time that could be spent on improving gameplay. Anyone agree?

Well, considering that the majority of homes in Japan, North America, and Europe have HDTVs, it would have been pretty pointless to have made a SD console. It's like being in a band and pushing your music with a cassette tape.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#7HungoverHero777Posted 4/30/2013 5:56:17 PM
Is TC serious? As if Nintendo needs one more reason to be called "last-gen."
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!:
http://www.youtube.com/user/LetsPlay/videos?flow=grid&view=1
#8MARl0Posted 4/30/2013 6:25:18 PM(edited)
The change in resolution doesn't make development more expensive. It just makes games look good on HDTVs. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate being a great example. It looks fantastic on HDTVs, but hasn't changed much visually from the Wii version.
---
Currently playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U) / Pandora's Tower (Wii)
#9AlustarPosted 4/30/2013 6:13:05 PM
HD is just a fad! just you guys wait until 3D Standard Def TV's become the norm, now THAT'S the future!
#10NikraPosted 4/30/2013 6:14:41 PM
TC should try playing Need for Speed: Most Wanted U: That game kick the PS3/Xbox in the butt.