Since most of Wii U games don't use online capabilities the hack is damaging

#1ElGadoPosted 4/30/2013 5:27:15 PM(edited)
Nintendo choose not to incorporate online features in it's games, and will continue to do so making the hack that much more damning. Unlike Xbox whose large library of games incorporate popular online gameplay and will ban your hacked console if you try to get online, Nintendo fans will be more than happy to play their single player games offline at no loss. Nintendo is already doing poorly, and this news is coming out at a much challenging time for Ninty. With the next gen consoles around the corner, this is probably the worst news Nintendo could have at this moment.
#2Baha05Posted 4/30/2013 5:16:26 PM
Hacks can be patched, so really the hack isn't going to be that damaging.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#3ElGado(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 5:19:26 PM
Baha05 posted...
Hacks can be patched, so really the hack isn't going to be that damaging.

You must not have read my post. Xbox can get away with patching b/c many of their popular games feature online multiplayer, and players who don't want to feel left out will have to buy a legit console to play with friends. The same can't be said for Nintendo. They have essentially no online mulitplayer games;Nintendo doesn't believe in all that fancy online stuff. So people who hack don't really have a reason to go online.
#4zender1999Posted 4/30/2013 5:21:09 PM
ElGado posted...
Nintendo choose not to incorporate online features in it's games, and will continue to do so making the hack that much more damning. Unlike Xbox who's large library of games incorporate popular online gameplay and will ban your hacked console if you try to get online, Nintendo fans will be more than happy to play their single player games offline at no loss. Nintendo is already doing poorly, and this news is coming out at a much challenging time for Ninty. With the next gen consoles around the corner, this is probably the worst news Nintendo could have at this moment.

lol
no online features in its games?
how im i taking screenshots in nsmbu and posting them on miiverse? how do i see other people comments in game?
the whole game is a big online community in a game
#5ElGado(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 5:22:28 PM
zender1999 posted...
ElGado posted...
Nintendo choose not to incorporate online features in it's games, and will continue to do so making the hack that much more damning. Unlike Xbox who's large library of games incorporate popular online gameplay and will ban your hacked console if you try to get online, Nintendo fans will be more than happy to play their single player games offline at no loss. Nintendo is already doing poorly, and this news is coming out at a much challenging time for Ninty. With the next gen consoles around the corner, this is probably the worst news Nintendo could have at this moment.

lol
how im i taking screenshots in nsmbu and posting them on miiverse? how do i see other people comments in game?

Is your argument literally taking pictures in a game?

And you want me to take you serious????

NEXT
#6b1gt0nePosted 4/30/2013 5:23:23 PM
Oh God , he's back :I
#7Baha05Posted 4/30/2013 5:24:06 PM
ElGado posted...
You must not have read my post. Xbox can get away with patching b/c many of their popular games feature online multiplayer, and players who don't want to feel left out will have to buy a legit console to play with friends. The same can't be said for Nintendo. They have essentially no online mulitplayer games;Nintendo doesn't believe in all that fancy online stuff. So people who hack don't really have a reason to go online.

Exceptr that there will still be games WITH online capabilities, and even if Nintendo themselves doesn't add it to some games they still have other games that would add online, there is still the eShop to download titles, there is still 3rd party. Besides patching isn't done to games with only online. Single player games get patched, firmware gets patched to add features.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#8EdoVandeKampPosted 4/30/2013 5:25:30 PM
LoL
you mean XBOX360, the most pirated console in the past generation?
and you want me to take you serious?
---
Proud Wii U owner.
NNID: EdoGaru
#9AndoMikePosted 4/30/2013 5:26:40 PM
ElGado posted...
zender1999 posted...
ElGado posted...

lol

Is your argument literally taking pictures in a game?

And you want me to take you serious????

NEXT

All you said was Nintendo chose "not to incorporate online features in it's games"

He said they do by describing the MiiVerse.

How can anyone take you serious if you wont acknowledge that MiiVerse is an online feature for WiiU games??
---
NNID: AndoMike
PSN: AndoMike
#10ElGado(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 5:26:45 PM
Baha05 posted...
ElGado posted...

Exceptr that there will still be games WITH online capabilities, and even if Nintendo themselves doesn't add it to some games they still have other games that would add online, there is still the eShop to download titles, there is still 3rd party. Besides patching isn't done to games with only online. Single player games get patched, firmware gets patched to add features.

I have a really strong argument that's going to be tough to beat. Did you just say eShop? Why would a hacker need to go to the eShop? There is still 3rd party? Are you kidding me? You can't even argue right...