Since most of Wii U games don't use online capabilities the hack is damaging

#21ARushAndAPushPosted 4/30/2013 5:38:06 PM
ITT Miiverse - which is used for every single game - doesn't require online.
#22CharskiPosted 4/30/2013 5:38:13 PM
Loving this topic, gotta get my daily dose of trolling and fanboyism on this board.
:|
#23SS4_NamreppivPosted 4/30/2013 8:04:16 PM
Thank the lord there is an ignore button, lol.
---
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban
#24GoombaXPosted 4/30/2013 8:09:45 PM
Oh boy another topic showing how ignorant ElGado is
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Injustice, MvC 2, SMW
#25NikraPosted 4/30/2013 8:18:11 PM
Hacking a console can actually boost sales. I know that MS/Sony/Nintendo will never acknowledge that. But that's a fact.
#26VernnonPosted 4/30/2013 8:23:57 PM
ElGado posted...
Nintendo choose not to incorporate online features in it's games, and will continue to do so making the hack that much more damning. Unlike Xbox whose large library of games incorporate popular online gameplay and will ban your hacked console if you try to get online, Nintendo fans will be more than happy to play their single player games offline at no loss. Nintendo is already doing poorly, and this news is coming out at a much challenging time for Ninty. With the next gen consoles around the corner, this is probably the worst news Nintendo could have at this moment.

See the thing that most people are not realizing is that the only way the hack works is in wii mode, you literally hack it the same way you would do a Wiibut instead with SSBB,So in others words only the Wii side can only be hacked (atm) Which means basically it's no real point in hacking it, unless you don't have a Wii. But all in all seeing as there is no real way of hacking the Wii U side, I'm pretty sure Nintendo could stop it before it gets to far, if they didn't already do so.(Which is why I believe the Wii U mode can't be hacked, Well atm)
#27NikraPosted 4/30/2013 8:37:00 PM(edited)
Vernnon posted...
ElGado posted...
Nintendo choose not to incorporate online features in it's games, and will continue to do so making the hack that much more damning. Unlike Xbox whose large library of games incorporate popular online gameplay and will ban your hacked console if you try to get online, Nintendo fans will be more than happy to play their single player games offline at no loss. Nintendo is already doing poorly, and this news is coming out at a much challenging time for Ninty. With the next gen consoles around the corner, this is probably the worst news Nintendo could have at this moment.

See the thing that most people are not realizing is that the only way the hack works is in wii mode, you literally hack it the same way you would do a Wiibut instead with SSBB,So in others words only the Wii side can only be hacked (atm) Which means basically it's no real point in hacking it, unless you don't have a Wii. But all in all seeing as there is no real way of hacking the Wii U side, I'm pretty sure Nintendo could stop it before it gets to far, if they didn't already do so.(Which is why I believe the Wii U mode can't be hacked, Well atm)

You're wrong: Now you can copy you're Wii U and Wii games on to an USB harddrive and play them from that. It changes every day now. LOL
#28Dersu_UzalaPosted 4/30/2013 8:33:13 PM
LoL
you mean XBOX360, the most pirated console in the past generation?

Pretty sure that's the Wii. It's been a trivial task to hack a Wii for years now. The 360 is a huge pain in the ass to take apart and still requires a modchip for most things.
#29VernnonPosted 4/30/2013 8:46:12 PM
Nikra posted...
Vernnon posted...
ElGado posted...

You're wrong: Now you can copy you're Wii U and Wii games on to an USB harddrive and play them from that. It changes every day now. LOL

You have any links showing, or claiming that? I've seen plenty of videos showing the hack, and all saying how it only works for Wii mode. There has been no clear confirmation about being able to play Wii u games. Even the Wiikey group that did it didn't even confirm that it could, all they said was await for updates, and a post of what's to come for the hack.
#30biggy204Posted 4/30/2013 8:46:42 PM
Vernnon posted...
ElGado posted...

I think they're meaning the new WiiKey thing. Which is basically a mod chip, not even close to a soft mod.
---
"Do you smelllllllllllllllllllllll what The Rock Is Cookin" - the Rock
"No but who farted??" - Everyone else