Do you think solderless super easy USB based hack will sell more Wii Us?

#1CricketJonesPosted 4/30/2013 5:04:37 PM
So hack is super crazy ultra easy and accessible and you just have to download it from webs and put it on USB device.

So do you think with it being so easy more people will buy Wii Us?
#2sunK1DPosted 4/30/2013 5:07:06 PM
Considering the system still lack games, I don't see that doing harm to the ecosystem.
TBH, Nintendo's own stupidity is working in their favor now. The damage could be substantial if they actually had games out.
#3Baha05Posted 4/30/2013 5:07:42 PM
Patches will make the hack moot
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#4CricketJones(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 5:09:35 PM
Baha05 posted...

yes because patches have always worked soo well.....

I am assuming Baha has NEVER EVER been apart of the scene xD.

I like how sometimes they release exploits for the patches before the patches even come out ^_^.
#5GeassMasterPosted 4/30/2013 5:12:07 PM
The initial shipment of Wii U's have not been sold yet, so there are tons laying around without any updates. Shouldn't be that hard to find one.
---
Now Playing: FotNS: Ken's Rage 2,Battlefield 3(PC), Atelier Totori+ , Ninja Gaiden Sigma+, Drakengard,Sengoku Basara HD Collection
I Have A Huge Backlog.
#6Wiiplayer111Posted 4/30/2013 5:14:23 PM
CricketJones posted...
Baha05 posted...

yes because patches have always worked soo well.

Just because some don't, some do. They could do a Sony and just cut off services and brick Wii Us. And hunt down the people that did it with no remorse.
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#7HungoverHero777Posted 4/30/2013 5:16:26 PM
CricketJones posted...
Baha05 posted...

I like how sometimes they release exploits for the patches before the patches even come out ^_^.

You seem happy about this. Why?
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!:
http://www.youtube.com/user/LetsPlay/videos?flow=grid&view=1
#8Board_hunter567Posted 4/30/2013 5:27:11 PM(edited)
It's not something you just copy onto a USB drive, you actually have to buy it.

In regards to increasing hardware sales, maybe. A lot of people might pick one up just at the notion of playing pirated copies, but it also depends on how long this method works and whether or not a sizable scene gets developed. Whether or not whatever exploit they're using gets patched they've supposedly cracked the disk encryption which is the real interesting bit of news here. Not entirely sure if that means we'll be seeing dumps soon, as now that I think about it the two are unrelated.
#9IokuaPosted 4/30/2013 5:21:17 PM
CricketJones posted...
Baha05 posted...

Updates killed PS3 piracy, if you're at a certain update level you cannot pirate the system. Sooo, it's possible, just highly unlikely.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#10Baha05Posted 4/30/2013 5:21:49 PM
CricketJones posted...

Yeah, they work pretty well by out dating the older methods.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U