Do you think solderless super easy USB based hack will sell more Wii Us?

#11NikraPosted 4/30/2013 6:23:04 PM
I'll bet that one of the first to buy one of the chips is Nintendo, in order to make it useless. I wouldn't buy it myself so far.
#121shadetail1Posted 4/30/2013 6:29:22 PM
CricketJones posted...
So do you think with it being so easy more people will buy Wii Us?

Probably a very tiny few, but I doubt it will be so much as a blip on Nintendo's radar. The vast majority of consumers don't even know about this kind of stuff, let alone care about it. And anyway, Nintendo isn't likely to sit back and watch. They'll find a way to close this exploit, and the pirates will go back to square one and find another one.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#13googlerPosted 4/30/2013 6:45:54 PM
Iokua posted...
CricketJones posted...
Baha05 posted...
Patches will make the hack moot

yes because patches have always worked soo well.....

I am assuming Baha has NEVER EVER been apart of the scene xD.

I like how sometimes they release exploits for the patches before the patches even come out ^_^.

Updates killed PS3 piracy, if you're at a certain update level you cannot pirate the system. Sooo, it's possible, just highly unlikely.

but in that statement, you're also assuming Nintendo's incompetence and ineptitude is less than Sony's. So far this has not been the case for the Wii U
#14IokuaPosted 4/30/2013 10:23:57 PM
googler posted...
Iokua posted...
CricketJones posted...
Baha05 posted...
Patches will make the hack moot

yes because patches have always worked soo well.....

I am assuming Baha has NEVER EVER been apart of the scene xD.

I like how sometimes they release exploits for the patches before the patches even come out ^_^.

Updates killed PS3 piracy, if you're at a certain update level you cannot pirate the system. Sooo, it's possible, just highly unlikely.

but in that statement, you're also assuming Nintendo's incompetence and ineptitude is less than Sony's. So far this has not been the case for the Wii U

No, I'm not, Nintendo has proven to be incapable of stopping piracy on the Wii, there is a precedent for them being unable to stop the pirates on the Wii U. You're also failing to factor in how goddamn tenacious a pirate is.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.