I'm certain Reggie did something wrong.

#1Genius_SagePosted 4/30/2013 5:31:42 PM
Had a pretty good discussion about this, pretty certain Reggie ****ed up, there's NO WAY this would have taken place otherwise. Reggie was never a gamer, just a semi good business man who was mostly in the food industry, but underestimated the gaming market and how to please the audience. We'll be making a great podcast on this. It really goes into how stupid people have been eating this guy up just foe memes. He treats you like a kid, he doesn't baby you "customer is always right", he thinks you're a kid for playing video games and that's how he ran things, you can tell by how her presetned himself.
---
"What reason can anyone give me to not prefer the annihilation of all mankind to a scratch on my finger?"
#2HenryTouchdownPosted 4/30/2013 6:23:18 PM
He's probably getting replaced because Miiverse allowed the customers to go directly to Nintendo and it revealed how incompetent reggie was.

How in the heck could Reggie get tens of thousands of letters begging for a VC game and not translate that into money? Seven years later, Nintendo years that, yes, again the fans flooded the miiverse with requests and bam! Earthbound VC. Reggie sucks
---
That cool Handsome Foil, who's also your twin brother.
#3pokemega32Posted 4/30/2013 6:32:46 PM
You guys are aware Reggie isn't getting replaced, right?

He's still President and COO of Nintendo of America.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#4Nin3DSFanPosted 4/30/2013 7:14:42 PM
So, ITT, Chief Executive Officer and President are the same thing?
---
Gentlemen, we tnodah now!
#5thanthenPosted 4/30/2013 8:04:21 PM
I've stopped liking him somewhere near the time Wii came out. Not a good nintendo image imo, not as bad as that embarrassing E3 lady they had, but still not something that should be representing nintendo. I think that younger guy from their "tree house" that's in nintendo directs should take his place.
---
Rock is fine, scissors are overpowered.
-paper
#6PUNCHOUT1116Posted 4/30/2013 8:07:56 PM
From what I understand, Reggie pretty much oversees product in the US but has mostly no say-so whatsoever in regards to most things. Supposedly all decisions are made by Japan and Japan only, and Reggie has no choice but to abide. He basically has the position of being crapped on by NoJ and then has to try to PR spin there ignorant decisions to try to make them sound as appealing as possible.

I cant provide proof unfortunately as I cant remember where I read this, but in alot of ways it makes sense.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#7VanderZooPosted 4/30/2013 8:08:25 PM
I've always said Reggie is a great presenter, or was rather, he's lost his game at recent E3's (not that that matters anymore right guys?). But he's not a gamer, and that's OK because you don't necessarily need to be, but it's clear that he doesn't understand gamers.
---
Man of Steel - 14.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
#8ImGanondorfLolPosted 4/30/2013 8:13:50 PM(edited)
thanthen posted...
I've stopped liking him somewhere near the time Wii came out. Not a good nintendo image imo, not as bad as that embarrassing E3 lady they had, but still not something that should be representing nintendo. I think that younger guy from their "tree house" that's in nintendo directs should take his place.

Bill Trinen? The translator for Miyamoto, he seems like a cool guy.
He actually knows about video games and it doesn't make you cringe when he speaks about it. Reggie could be entertaining but he doesn't know crap about games, I can tell he's full of crap when goes on about how much he loves Link to the Past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2cFqpJwviI
#9thanthenPosted 4/30/2013 8:22:22 PM(edited)
Wow nobody expects him to be god at mario kart, but when you play worse than my 4 year old sister and can't make the simplest of turns as a grown man that speaks volumes.
---
Rock is fine, scissors are overpowered.
-paper
#10TerotrousPosted 4/30/2013 8:44:38 PM
I don't really blame Reggie for Nintendo's problems. He's fairly charismatic and does a decent job being the face of NoA. The main issue I feel Nintendo has is that all of their upper management are suits who have no passion for games. I'm not saying it should be the reverse (clearly you need some business sense in high positions), but they need at least a couple gamers to sanity check them when they're going to do insanely stupid things.

A good example was what they did to the operation rainfall games. "Hey, let's not release 3 very highly acclaimed games that are already localized on a system that has absolutely nothing coming out leading up to its successor system just because we might lose a few dollars on them if they don't sell well". Someone needs to be there to say "uh, no, that's completely stupid". If the current state of Wii U isn't making them realize they need to start getting back in touch with gamers, they're really going to struggle for the next little while.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "SNES Aladdin"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery