What happened to Reggie?

#1Ryu XPosted 4/30/2013 11:30:37 PM
Reggie use to be cool and about kickin' ass and takin' names. But now he seems kind of lame. Do you think Nintendo should put someone else in charge of NoA?
#2TalentedMPosted 4/30/2013 11:34:35 PM
http://goo.gl/eiL90
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#3PSOLavisPosted 4/30/2013 11:38:07 PM
It's because his body isn't ready anymore :'(
#4ElectricMolePosted 4/30/2013 11:53:42 PM
Because there was a time when he believed that he could actually make a difference and influence the direction of the company. Eventually realizing, he was just a puppet for the Japanese corporate office and that even Nintendo Europe's president had more power to bring over the games users wanted without having to resort to viral campaigns.

I still dont understand why NoA decided Xenoblade to only have 10000 copies printed. Its one of the best games they have and they didnt maximize the potential sales of it, yet theres a massive surplus of Wii Music sitting in some warehouse gathering dust in NoA headquarters.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188
#5hahrtuhgramPosted 5/1/2013 12:04:05 AM
"I think, therefore I am."

- Marty McFly
#6TheFlamingCPosted 5/1/2013 12:58:30 AM
Reggie was never in charge of NoA. It was Tatsumi Kimishima. Kimishima was an absolutely terrible CEO, so I can't say he'll be missed. Satoru Iwata will now be CEO of Nintendo of America along with the main Japanese branch.
---
Nope, don't have a sig. Maybe later.
#7senelcoolidge_Posted 5/1/2013 2:17:18 AM(edited)
ElectricMole posted...
Because there was a time when he believed that he could actually make a difference and influence the direction of the company. Eventually realizing, he was just a puppet for the Japanese corporate office and that even Nintendo Europe's president had more power to bring over the games users wanted without having to resort to viral campaigns.

I still dont understand why NoA decided Xenoblade to only have 10000 copies printed. Its one of the best games they have and they didnt maximize the potential sales of it, yet theres a massive surplus of Wii Music sitting in some warehouse gathering dust in NoA headquarters.

10000 copies? The game sold over 300k in North America. Everyone had the same chance to pick up a copy, it's not like it ever "sold out" during the pre-order stage. I'm assuming nobody took the limited run seriously. You snooze you lose, I guess.
---
"sony is much better than nsmbu" - ninsony12
#8dcamp27Posted 5/1/2013 2:37:01 AM
I miss Reggie. He was cool.
#9VanderZooPosted 5/1/2013 2:49:51 AM
What do you mean he seems kind of lame? Cause I've noticed he's lost some gusto in his recent E3 presentations. He started getting less enthusiastic it seems starting in 2009.
---
Man of Steel - 14.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
#10DoomsSDPosted 5/1/2013 2:54:35 AM
I have to admit, I have my concerns. He wasn't looking too healthy last time I saw him...

http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/1108421/Reggie_Fils-Aime.jpg
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...