No real gamer should go without a wii U

#41gameG3ni3Posted 5/1/2013 8:37:38 AM
Pigfarts posted...
gameG3ni3 posted...
Pigfarts posted...
nintendo has created a a label for themselves as the makers of systems for kids and elderly people. i don't consider casuals who break out the wii for a few hours of mario party "real gamers"

I forgot...real gamers spend 4 hour sessions on COD going 12-27.

No but real gamers like more then just nintendo 1st party games.

So owning a Wii U suggests you only buy 1st party titles? I failed to notice the *warning* only placys games published by Nintendo sticker on my console...
---
Confirmed Wii U board trolls: monkeyspoon, AstralFrost, Nice_kirbyfan9, shaunme, DemonDogg, linetrix, schwepps01, Muderstorm117, thundercat2600
#42devastatorX2Posted 5/1/2013 8:51:38 AM
More effort goes into one Uncharted game than NIntendo puts into an entire year's worth of games.

Nintendo is lazy with their game design process.
---
Friends don't let friends be Leaf fans.
#43xChaosLordxPosted 5/1/2013 8:59:18 AM
Real gamers got a PC, and are going to get a PS4 or 720. Wii-U is for casuals.
#44Schwepps01Posted 5/1/2013 9:12:05 AM
gameG3ni3 posted...
Pigfarts posted...
gameG3ni3 posted...
Pigfarts posted...
nintendo has created a a label for themselves as the makers of systems for kids and elderly people. i don't consider casuals who break out the wii for a few hours of mario party "real gamers"

I forgot...real gamers spend 4 hour sessions on COD going 12-27.

No but real gamers like more then just nintendo 1st party games.

So owning a Wii U suggests you only buy 1st party titles? I failed to notice the *warning* only placys games published by Nintendo sticker on my console...

What other games are you going to buy? For the past 3 gens, that's literally all there's been. But at least the N64 and GC had SOME support. The Wii and Wii U literally have serious developers, and even start up developers laughing at it. I'm not sure what more evidence you need. What else is there to the system? Lego City? It wouldn't even be so bad if there were other games coming up, but there are no set release dates, and 1/3 of the year is gone.
---
#45P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 5/1/2013 9:14:38 AM
xChaosLordx posted...

REAL GAMERS will buy whatever they need to play the games they desire to play.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Rayman Legends
#46aDRE8Posted 5/1/2013 9:20:00 AM
devastatorX2 posted...
More effort goes into one Uncharted game than NIntendo puts into an entire year's worth of games.

I agree with this... Microsoft/343 spent 3+ years and a huge talented staff of 300+ people when working on Halo 4.

Same with Sony/Naughty Dog with the Uncharted series.

And I'll even go as far as saying Call of Duty...seeing as there are 2 separate development teams creating games for the franchise, each one has a giant number of staff members spending 2 years to release a game.

Fanboys will argue to the death about the games I just mentioned...but the fact is that they all worked and sold incredibly well.

Iwata just recently stated the lack of 1st party games and the delay of Pikmin 3 was the result of being understaffed....and we keep hearing how much capital Nintendo has.... How about using that capital to hire some talented developers for your console rather than isolating yourselves from the industry. There are thousands of money hungry talented developers that are jobless right now. Give these new guys a chance and have them prove themselves like how Retro Studious did with the Metroid Prime series...even if it's at the expense of giving them access to your beloved franchises. Just look at the insane number of talented indie developers that will bleed to make their game standout. They need to take some risks!

Same thing with marketing... they are just making bad decisions. They release a series of miserable commercials with "The Family bought a Wii U".... rather than makinjg actual progress.

I love Nintendo...they deserve to be the "father" of gaming for what they have done for this industry, but they continuously make bad decisions in business. If you think I'm biased, I'm sorry...don't know what to tell you. I want Nintendo to succeed more than its competitions because they are very important and crucial to this industry.
#47P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 5/1/2013 9:24:59 AM
Sony/Micro/Many 3rd Parties - Let's spend all our money on staff and development on great looking games (who cares about fun) so we can sell millions and not make a dime

Nintendo - Let's take our time to develop fun games that will sell millions and actually make money
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Rayman Legends
#48xChaosLordxPosted 5/1/2013 9:40:14 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
xChaosLordx posted...

REAL GAMERS will buy whatever they need to play the games they desire to play.

And Wii-U = no games, so no buy.
#49GoombaXPosted 5/1/2013 9:41:00 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
Correction every real gamer should go without a wii U, well every real gamer that doesn't just buy everything because they have tons of excess cash and don't know the value of a dollar.

then no one would buy a vita
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Injustice, MvC 2, SMW
#50msunshine(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 9:41:15 AM
aDRE8 posted...
devastatorX2 posted...

I agree with this... Microsoft/343 spent 3+ years and a huge talented staff of 300+ people when working on Halo 4.

Same with Sony/Naughty Dog with the Uncharted series.

And I'll even go as far as saying Call of Duty...seeing as there are 2 separate development teams creating games for the franchise, each one has a giant number of staff members spending 2 years to release a game.

Fanboys will argue to the death about the games I just mentioned...but the fact is that they all worked and sold incredibly well.

Iwata just recently stated the lack of 1st party games and the delay of Pikmin 3 was the result of being understaffed....and we keep hearing how much capital Nintendo has.... How about using that capital to hire some talented developers for your console rather than isolating yourselves from the industry. There are thousands of money hungry talented developers that are jobless right now. Give these new guys a chance and have them prove themselves like how Retro Studious did with the Metroid Prime series...even if it's at the expense of giving them access to your beloved franchises. Just look at the insane number of talented indie developers that will bleed to make their game standout. They need to take some risks!

Same thing with marketing... they are just making bad decisions. They release a series of miserable commercials with "The Family bought a Wii U".... rather than makinjg actual progress.

I love Nintendo...they deserve to be the "father" of gaming for what they have done for this industry, but they continuously make bad decisions in business. If you think I'm biased, I'm sorry...don't know what to tell you. I want Nintendo to succeed more than its competitions because they are very important and crucial to this industry.

This makes absolutely no sense. Gamefaqs trolls like to imply nintendo makes games in what, a months? Unless you have actual facts, shut up about development times. How long did it take to make nsmbu? More than two years, yet people like to pretend in was made in no time. How long has retro been working on it's project? Mario 3d? X? All of these games have development times of more than 2 years, more likely 3-4.
---
Current playthrough: 95stars. Demondog pulls numbers and facts out of his ***.
The wii U board is improving! bye MS