"Nintendo Direct at E3 is a Mistake only Nintendo Fans Will Watch"

#21SirchTheahPosted 5/1/2013 7:30:17 AM
Terotrous posted...
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
nobody watches e3 or directs. all the hype comes from gaming sites , or YouTube shortly AFTER the event

And those sources are still going to cover whatever Nintendo shows at E3.

And Nintendo are still going to be showing stuff at E3.
It just won't be on a big stage.
#22omescythePosted 5/1/2013 7:33:17 AM
so why bother making a video announcements when is much less expensive to just send a email to major journalists.
#231shadetail1Posted 5/1/2013 7:59:07 AM
Houndour posted...
1shadetail1 posted...
Enigma149 posted...
Reassurance topic.

Reassurance post.

Reassurance reply.

Reassurance post.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#24Ryan SiPosted 5/1/2013 9:03:47 AM
E3 is a shell of it's former self from the 1990s and very early 2000s. The last few shows have been all about selling to casuals with little to no surprises from companies. I understand many of you are too young to realize that though.

Constant connectivity (smartphones, tablets, TV, PCs) and the 24-hour news cycle have pretty much killed that.
#25Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 5/1/2013 10:33:23 AM
deathsaber79 posted...
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
nobody watches e3 or directs. all the hype comes from gaming sites , or YouTube shortly AFTER the event

The most truthful statement here.

99.9% of the gaming audience will not be attending the E3 conference in person NOR will stream it in its entirety. Heck, less than 1/4 of the audience probably even haunts websites, and posts in message boards regularly like we do. Most of us just find out about the conferences after the fact from websites.

Those that do, are getting their scoop by and large from the likes of IGN and Gamespot, all of whom report on the content of Nintendo directs right as they are happening.

Therefore

1. Don't say the Nintendo Directs only reach a Nintendo audience- their contents are widely reported in the mass media and the word will still be spread massively to the audience that actually is interested in gaming.

2. Whether Nintendo has a conference or not at E3 and instead chooses to self distribute its news, will make no difference to their company's fortunes, and how well individual games will sell- all newly announced games will still be widely reported in the media regardless, and those who bother to consume that media will get the word.

Exactly. Obviously by "nobody" I meant most people don't. I'll be watching E3 and the Directs, as will alot of people here, but anything that gets announced immediately finds its' way to all the big sites like IGN, Gamespot, here, Gametrailers, Youtube, etc.

I don't know if not having an E3 conference will hurt or help Nintendo, but it's dumb to say the content of the Directs doesn't reach people just because they didn't watch the event.
---
XBL: Hate Pad Scrubs. UMVC3: Chris/Strange/Amaterasu
#26trenkenPosted 5/1/2013 10:36:44 AM
They need to talk about this thing on a public stage. Not at E3, not in Nintendo Directs that only average about 25k viewers which is pathetic.

They seriously need to get commercials going, go on late night talk shows, get aggressive. Theyre sitting around with no games, no commercials and absolutely nothing going on wondering why noone wants it. Derp.

Yeah they need to get info about upcoming games out to gamers, theyll do that im sure, but E3 and ND is not even close to enough. They need to get out there and, Im no marketing expert here, but PROMOTE this thing. Sell it. They arent doing that right now.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#27knightimexPosted 5/1/2013 10:57:35 AM
1shadetail1 posted...
Houndour posted...
1shadetail1 posted...
Enigma149 posted...
Reassurance topic.

Reassurance post.

Reassurance reply.

Reassurance post.

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!
---
Old School Style Games FTW!
#28HoundourPosted 5/1/2013 1:34:19 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
Houndour posted...
1shadetail1 posted...
Enigma149 posted...
Reassurance topic.

Reassurance post.

Reassurance reply.

Reassurance post.

Reassuring your Reassurance reply
---
I LOVE METAL
#29TheFlamingCPosted 5/1/2013 2:17:34 PM
I don't get the issue, since they are having a press event for the Wii U and 3DS games. The Directs are still supplementary.
---
Nope, don't have a sig. Maybe later.
#30idrawrobotstooPosted 5/1/2013 2:22:44 PM
They still be presenting at e3.
and so what if for the first year after the announcement some gamers didn't realize the Wii U was a new system. I rarely encounter people that don't know that now, it's a non-issue.