"Nintendo Direct at E3 is a Mistake only Nintendo Fans Will Watch"

#31StickMen1090Posted 5/1/2013 2:29:22 PM
and sony and ms fans will watch their events.. what point is being made here?

that fans watch events of what they like?
#32AkaneJonesPosted 5/1/2013 4:27:39 PM
StickMen1090 posted...

No, I pretty sure it that those fans, the Sony/MS ones, that would watch a Nintendo conference if they had one, will watch a Nintendo Direct around the same time with the same information. Those fans, again the Sony/MS ones, that will not watch a Nintendo Direct around the same time, are the ones that did not watch a Nintendo conference when they had one.

The Nintendo game are at E3 and the reporters there can play them. The reporters still get the same information. The news sites that report on E3 things also cover Nntendo Directs, they also covered all those pre-E3 and post-E3 events all three did last year.

The people a Nintendo Direct will not reach are the very same people a Nintendo E3 Conference will not reach.
#33PendragoonPosted 5/1/2013 4:32:43 PM
You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Spike runs the Directs during their E3 coverage, it is basically free filler to run instead of repeating stuff a hundred times.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#34mjc0961Posted 5/1/2013 5:16:06 PM
Neo_Heartless posted...
To the people saying this. You ARE aware that the last two E3 presentations had large segments dedicated to the WiiU, were Nintendo focused on pointing out it was a new console.

Yet you same people constantly roll through the muck to point out that no one knows the difference between the Wii and WiiU. This would mean, however, that these people didn't watch those E3 presentations.

So... uhh... who actually watches E3? Oh that's right, gaming fans, the ones who will watch this presentation and who will see the news on gaming sites regardless.

Well, unless they have some inane bias against a certain company, but that doesn't possibly exist no sir.

Shhh.... Don't point out the massive holes in the troll's logic. They won't care.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#35blinkfreakPosted 5/1/2013 5:48:03 PM
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
nobody watches e3 or directs. all the hype comes from gaming sites , or YouTube shortly AFTER the event

I watch them.
#36abort_missionPosted 5/1/2013 6:01:47 PM
AkaneJones posted...
StickMen1090 posted...

No, I pretty sure it that those fans, the Sony/MS ones, that would watch a Nintendo conference if they had one, will watch a Nintendo Direct around the same time with the same information. Those fans, again the Sony/MS ones, that will not watch a Nintendo Direct around the same time, are the ones that did not watch a Nintendo conference when they had one.

The Nintendo game are at E3 and the reporters there can play them. The reporters still get the same information. The news sites that report on E3 things also cover Nntendo Directs, they also covered all those pre-E3 and post-E3 events all three did last year.

The people a Nintendo Direct will not reach are the very same people a Nintendo E3 Conference will not reach.

actually to be fair, mainstream news covers E3 to some degree (mostly big announcements). im not talking about mainstream gaming news. im talking about legitimate news that non-gamers watch. things like CNN. mainstream for the most part doesnt usually cover things like Nintendo Direct. only gaming news places cover that.

now dont take my comment wrongly. i dont care if Nintendo does E3 or not. i dont even know how relevant E3 is anymore to gamers. but dont pretend Nintendo Direct reaches the exact same audience. it doesnt.
---
"Aw, man. I better heroin up this orange juice."
#37AkaneJonesPosted 5/2/2013 2:48:59 AM
abort_mission posted...
AkaneJones posted...
StickMen1090 posted...

actually to be fair, mainstream news covers E3 to some degree (mostly big announcements). im not talking about mainstream gaming news. im talking about legitimate news that non-gamers watch. things like CNN. mainstream for the most part doesnt usually cover things like Nintendo Direct. only gaming news places cover that.

now dont take my comment wrongly. i dont care if Nintendo does E3 or not. i dont even know how relevant E3 is anymore to gamers. but dont pretend Nintendo Direct reaches the exact same audience. it doesnt.

Except that's not true several posters have already stated that ZeldaLttP2 got covered. Also they definitely covered post E3 3DSXL last year that was not E3 info and only released via a Nintendo Direct. In fact our lovely Lovecraftian GFAQ user bet his old account over that, so it most definitely wasn't E3 news. Some people just have a short memory for what news got where.