I actually WANT Retro to make an FPS.

#1ADHDguitarPosted 5/1/2013 8:36:17 AM
Only because I really like shooters, but the genre has become stale and boring. Retro could fix that, and Nintendo could use at least one action-heavy game alongside Star Fox.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#2trenkenPosted 5/1/2013 8:38:29 AM
Im absolutely burned out on FPSs. I was hardcore into them for many years, and havent played a single one in about 3 years.

If its something like Metroid Prime sure that would work for me, but something like CoD? Naaaaaa waste of great talent. Already enough companies making those.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#3Reflex-ArcPosted 5/1/2013 8:39:20 AM
I'd play it. Well, as long as it had a robust and interesting solo campaign. I like shooters, but abhor online multiplayer shooters.
#4ADHDguitar(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 8:43:15 AM(edited)
The idea is to make one that isn't CoD.

And Metroid Prime isn't really a shooter.

Reflex-Arc posted...
I'd play it. Well, as long as it had a robust and interesting solo campaign. I like shooters, but abhor online multiplayer shooters.

I think they could pull of both so people that play single player could have a legit good campaign, but people like me who like shooting people for some reason can do that to. What they could do is have a separate team work on multiplayer.
---
#5DoomsSDPosted 5/1/2013 8:41:17 AM(edited)
I think a Retro made FPS would be great.

I truly do love the genre but I'm getting tired of seeing badly made FPS games.
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
#6Ryan SiPosted 5/1/2013 8:55:14 AM(edited)
I wish Nintendo would acquire the Bond license (currently vacant) again and let Retro work on a SkyFall game....or a completely new FPS IP.

I don't typically play newer FPSs.......in fact I own none on my PS3 or Wii, usually sticking to older or lower-budget FPSs on PC (Quake series, Primal Carnage, etc).....but Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (which could soon be a new series) looks f****** awesome.

Downloaded the demo on my PS3 and if I enjoy it I'll pick the game up on Steam.
#7ADHDguitar(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 8:58:03 AM
Ryan Si posted...
I wish Nintendo would acquire the Bond license (currently vacant) again and let Retro work on a SkyFall game....or a completely new FPS IP.

I don't typically play newer FPSs.......in fact I own none on my PS3 or Wii, usually sticking to older or lower-budget FPSs on PC (Quake series, Primal Carnage, etc).....but Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (which could soon be a new series) looks f****** awesome.

Downloaded the demo on my PS3 and if I enjoy it I'll pick the game up on Steam.

Nah, Goldeneye was a one time miracle. Licensed games can be pretty good at best, Retro can make something amazing. But if you really haven't played any modern FPS games, I seriously recommend any of the Bioshock games, they're very good.
---
#8usaamahlinkPosted 5/1/2013 8:59:00 AM
I think the best way to proceed in this direction is to take Star Fox further along the direction Assault went. Flesh out the world with more detail and add more mechanics, and more polish. I think its full of potential, I think itd be a TPS instead of an FPS though..
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Fire Emblem (GBA), Xenoblade Chronicles, F-Zero GX. SSB Brawl <-(always)
#9DoomsSDPosted 5/1/2013 8:59:31 AM
Ryan Si posted...

I don't typically play newer FPSs.......in fact I own none on my PS3 or Wii, usually sticking to older FPSs on Steam.....but Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (which could soon be a new series) looks f****** awesome.

Yeah, Activision/Eurocom let the franchise grow stale under their wing. Shame too. It seems like Bond and Nintendo are meant for each other. Goldeneye 64 was THE console FPS game of its time, and Goldeneye 007 on the Wii was a sort of return to form, even if it was lacking in content and polish by comparison to the other Activision games on Wii.
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
#10MilesTeg420Posted 5/1/2013 9:02:21 AM
I would also like Retro to make an FPS. Whether it's Metroid or not. I think Nintendo needs their own FPS franchise that has online multiplayer. Retro is the dev to make it happen.