I actually WANT Retro to make an FPS.

#11Reflex-ArcPosted 5/1/2013 8:08:47 AM
ADHDguitar posted...
The idea is to make one that isn't CoD.

And Metroid Prime isn't really a shooter.

Reflex-Arc posted...
I'd play it. Well, as long as it had a robust and interesting solo campaign. I like shooters, but abhor online multiplayer shooters.

I think they could pull of both so people that play single player could have a legit good campaign, but people like me who like shooting people for some reason can do that to. What they could do is have a separate team work on multiplayer.

I'm totally on board with the game having both as long as one is as well developed as the other. I'm not one of those gamers that thinks shooters should be multiplayer only.
#12AsuirPosted 5/1/2013 8:11:31 AM(edited)
A PAAGG on my Wii U?! No, **** that.

Oh wait... it'll be Wii U exclusive? Day one preorder.

Quick edit: This is the sentiment I've seen from this board regarding games that involve guns and Mario isn't the main character.
---
Ftw!
#13ADHDguitar(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 8:12:30 AM(edited)
Reflex-Arc posted...

I'm totally on board with the game having both as long as one is as well developed as the other. I'm not one of those gamers that thinks shooters should be multiplayer only.

Agreed. I actually have a few CoD games and I'm always disappointed by how lame the single player is. I guess the only exception is when they have a game that's literately multiplayer only like Counter Strike.

Asuir posted...
A PAAGG on my Wii U?! No, **** that.

Oh wait... it'll be Wii U exclusive? Day one preorder.

Quick edit: This is the sentiment I've seen from this board regarding games that involve guns and Mario isn't the main character.

Ikr? Everyone whines about shooters and then goes all crazy over ZombiU.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#14abort_missionPosted 5/1/2013 8:12:47 AM
to be fair, MP3 really was more of an FPS than a FPA. but i dont really care what they make as long as their not stuck making Metroid forever.
---
"Aw, man. I better heroin up this orange juice."
#15AsuirPosted 5/1/2013 8:15:28 AM
Reflex-Arc posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
The idea is to make one that isn't CoD.

And Metroid Prime isn't really a shooter.

Reflex-Arc posted...
I'd play it. Well, as long as it had a robust and interesting solo campaign. I like shooters, but abhor online multiplayer shooters.

I think they could pull of both so people that play single player could have a legit good campaign, but people like me who like shooting people for some reason can do that to. What they could do is have a separate team work on multiplayer.

The problem with having separate teams create the campaign and multiplayer is that there ends up being a disconnect between the two modes. I would point towards the new Medal of Honor, but that was an awful game all the way through.
---
Ftw!
#16Board_hunter567Posted 5/1/2013 8:34:19 AM
I want them to make a rougelike SRPG.
#17P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 5/1/2013 9:01:56 AM
No. TPS.

Make StarFox multiplayer like Ghost Recon Online with vehicles.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Rayman Legends
#18fawfulmark2Posted 5/1/2013 9:13:32 AM
so you want them to make Turok again? sure why not.
---
LoL name: The Noble Kip
Brawl FC: 2280-6185-9316
#19MarioFanaticXVPosted 5/1/2013 9:14:51 AM
Retro has already made the Metroid Prime trilogy... Let them branch out into other genres.
---
"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:"
1 Tim 6:20
#20KaiRyusakiPosted 5/1/2013 9:22:26 AM(edited)
Something like Quake/Doom would be cool.

I feel like current FPSes are always COD-style or Serious Sam-style

Edit: Also im talking about single-player campaigns.