Nintendo sending messages to peoples wii's...

#1kingbadjoPosted 5/1/2013 8:57:45 AM
I don't get what the big deal is. I don't get why people see this as begging. It is advertisement. They realized that many people don't know the difference between the WiiU and the wii so they are trying to correct that.

This board has become so stupid I cannot stand it. It's not even the number of trolls it's just the quality of trolls. There is no logic and so many things that they say it's ridiculous. And when you make a point they just leave and come back a day later saying the same things.

It's like they are not even people! I know many of them are in highschool but goodness. Were we all really that dumb in highschool? No-one cares but I will be trying my best to stay away this board. I also do not understand why people want SO HARD for a company to fail.

THEY DO NOT KNOW YOU!

And many of them have never even owned a WiiU. I play ALL games on ALL systems (well besides 360 and vita). And I want ALL systems to thrive!

WHY CAN'T THEY UNDERSTAND THAT SOME PEOPLE JUST LIKE DIFFERENT THINGS!?

I used to come to this board as a great way to get information since so many people post links but the amount of troll **** that come with it just smells so bad.
And why do they feel like they feel the need to tell us about it? If you've got a real complaint send Nintendo an E-Mail. They do read some of their messages you know! Send them why you think they suck! Not us!

Oh well... I know this will change nothing so peace. I'll probably be back when the other systems come out but I'm leaving now. Maybe to the monster hunter 3 board (when I buy it this weekend) or the starcraft 2 board for PC.... Or maybe I'll just float around IGN.. o well.

So yea... goodbye everyone.
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#2ska_dude101Posted 5/1/2013 9:01:21 AM
Oh no... please don't go... whatever will we do without you.
#3trenkenPosted 5/1/2013 9:02:26 AM
Point is, if they branded this thing properly they wouldnt have to do this. It shouldnt have Wii in the name. The system itself should look more different than the Wii.

And of course, it still uses the same damn controller. What did they expect would happen? Now they are trying to put a band aid on it.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#4xChaosLordxPosted 5/1/2013 9:03:42 AM
Sounds like desperation on Nintendo's part. The thing they don't realize is most people do know the difference, they just don't care.
#5deathslovePosted 5/1/2013 9:05:20 AM
Wait they are sending messages to peoples wiis and asking them to buy wii U? LMAO
They should change the name to wii 2, it would stop the confusion.
#6_Sovereign_Posted 5/1/2013 9:10:33 AM
trenken posted...
Point is, if they branded this thing properly they wouldnt have to do this. It shouldnt have Wii in the name. The system itself should look more different than the Wii.

And of course, it still uses the same damn controller. What did they expect would happen? Now they are trying to put a band aid on it.

It's not their fault consumers are stupid. The thing was shown at 2 E3s ( shows how useful they are), advertised quite prominently in stores via demo kiosks, signage, and ads.
TV adverts, magazine adverts, and oh! let's not forget about the internet! you know, the place that has made consumers lazy and stupid, yet the go to place for instant information?

It also uses an entirely different controller, which they've been advertising to hell and back, yet is compatible with the Wii motes due to BC....which everyone cried about regarding the PS360, and now the PS4Nextbox.

Them sending a message via the Wii is no different than say, including the Halo 3 beta in Crackdown...it's just advertisement.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#7trenkenPosted 5/1/2013 9:15:00 AM
_Sovereign_ posted...
trenken posted...

It's not their fault consumers are stupid. The thing was shown at 2 E3s ( shows how useful they are), advertised quite prominently in stores via demo kiosks, signage, and ads.
TV adverts, magazine adverts, and oh! let's not forget about the internet! you know, the place that has made consumers lazy and stupid, yet the go to place for instant information?

It also uses an entirely different controller, which they've been advertising to hell and back, yet is compatible with the Wii motes due to BC....which everyone cried about regarding the PS360, and now the PS4Nextbox.

Them sending a message via the Wii is no different than say, including the Halo 3 beta in Crackdown...it's just advertisement.

But.... if you take a marketing class, good marketing is stupid-proof. It IS their fault for not handling the U properly, the way a good marketing team would.

Lol @ mentioning E3. Who watches those? Gamers. Who bought the Wii? Lots of people who arent watching E3s. It sounds like you think every single gamer is just like you, when in fact we are actually the minority. There are far more casual gamers out there that dont even know what E3 is. You would flop right out of any marketing course.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#8WhiteWolf338Posted 5/1/2013 9:17:10 AM
nintendo is really desperate here and grasping at straws. They dont know where else to go. The casual market abandoned them so they are doing a last ditch effort trying to go back to their hardcore fans, that they ditched a couple generations ago.
#9CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/1/2013 9:19:45 AM
WhiteWolf338 posted...
nintendo is really desperate here and grasping at straws. They dont know where else to go. The casual market abandoned them so they are doing a last ditch effort trying to go back to their hardcore fans, that they ditched a couple generations ago.

What?

This is far from a desperate move.
It more of a 'Huh, why wasn't this the FIRST thing they did?" type of thing.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#10PhoenixPrincePosted 5/1/2013 9:21:38 AM
Troll logic:
Wii U has no marketing! Nintendo sucks!

Nintendo tries to market it to Wii owners:
Nintendo is so desperate! They're doomed!
---
I tell it how I see it. Controversial and I don't care.